5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Ford Gasser to a Dodge 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Gasser to a Dodge 5.9

I jumped on the ecoboost bandwagon November of 2014 and have had nothing but tiny issues that have added up to complete frustration. I have been dreaming of owning a "real truck" since 2007 and finally am making this happen.

I am in search of a unicorn.... 2006/2007 Megacab manual. I found a few here and there but have had to accept the fact that they will all have over 100k miles, or will all be $35,000 or more.

Anything I should be on the look-out for? Is a 2006 with 102,000 miles prices at $32,000 acceptable, or should I keep searching?

I've never owned a diesel, so all input will be appreciated.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Blue book it! Sounds a little high to me but usually they have much higher miles the ones I see- also depends on location and extras with the truck already- IMO stock trucks or 1-2 owners are more desirable -Usually it means some nimrod didn't beat it up! Check for blow by, front end parts to be sure they are tight, and drive it to make sure the 48re under it is working. If it's in budget then go for it! Just prepare to spend more money on mods once you read other posts from the crew here!

Old 03-27-2016, 05:00 PM

It's a tad shy for around Denver area, but also has aftermarket tires, leveled and nerf bars.

It will be going to max torq diesel shop and they will check it top to bottom only thing they can't do is compression since I don't own it.

Depending on what they say I will start negotiations with the stealership

Old 03-27-2016, 08:25 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fly boy
It's a tad shy for around Denver area, but also has aftermarket tires, leveled and nerf bars.

It will be going to max torq diesel shop and they will check it top to bottom only thing they can't do is compression since I don't own it.

Depending on what they say I will start negotiations with the stealership
Not sure what kind of diagnostic checks they can do there- if they can have them Check the balance rate on the injectors- for EFI software this is read through the OBDII port- anything within +/- 4 is okay the closer to zero the happier those injectors are! Good luck

Old 03-27-2016, 09:24 PM

tad high* for the market.....

and this is from the shop.... "we check it from top to bottom only thing we can't do is compression or leak down due to the fact you don't own the truck yet and it involves removing injectors to do it.

However our newer WiTech system does a lot more than our older snap on scanner would do."