5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

H46 n62 recall

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H46 n62 recall

This just happened in my yard backing up to my trailer, gear box pin snapped off when I turned the wheel in the grass WTF! So I call dealership they say not part of either recall, so I call Chrysler they tell me pound sand, did some research there is an open law suit on this issue I strongly urge any one who has these years please address the situation, I was about to go on a family trip if this would have happened on the freeway with the trailer on It would have been a tragedy don't take these recalls lightly get your truck checked out, if any one has had this issue let me know I have a number you can call about the law suit

Old 06-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Default Recall question

So i had almost the same problem but my pittman arm broke in half at the splines. My question in, did you get it fixed free from the dealer? And could you please give me the phone number for the info of the lawsuit?

Old 06-22-2016, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Liftedcummins
So i had almost the same problem but my pittman arm broke in half at the splines. My question in, did you get it fixed free from the dealer? And could you please give me the phone number for the info of the lawsuit?
Come to find out they have been federaly ordered that only 2009 model year and newer are eligible in the lawsuit which is crap because it would bankrupt a company that pays a lot of money to the government if you have that year or newer reply and I'll get the number when I get home

Old 06-24-2016, 04:16 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

So your truck IS a 2004? There is no bad batch just happens? any year? Looks like yours was broken for a while Rust spot then broke the rest of the way. Lucky you!!
a freeway death would make them think twice on limiting the years! Just hope it's not me in the bushes!

Old 06-25-2016, 11:14 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts

The H46 and N62 recalls are for real problems that aren't really real, but, since installers can screw up a wet dream they fixed it. Nothing to do with a sector shaft.

Looks suspiciously like a drop pitman arm, usually accompanied by modified suspension and big tires. The shaft was broke part way thru for while, probably from stress of big tires hitting curbs rocks, ruts, or using the power steering to push wheel bearings out.

Those sector shafts don't just break, they take a lot of abuse to crack it then break it. Almost always a wreck or more likely operator error. Looks like another entitlement person trying to drum up support to avoid responsibility.