5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Stock 48RE, how big of sticks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:15 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock 48RE, how big of sticks?

Like the title states, stock trans, only upgrade is boost fooler and 4 in turbo back with free flow muff, how big of injectors can I get without breaking anything? I will be getting a AD150 and efi live after.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:11 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts

um stock, the 48rfe is not designed for anything over stock, PERIOD, I broke mine twice, once while the truck was stock, and once when I tuned it and snapped the input shaft like it was a candy cane

save the money you'd spend on injectors and put it towards a good transmission build with good clutches and upgraded input shaft,

Old 03-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I agree anything over 380hp is asking for trouble. I just put 100hp sticks in but have EFI tuned for stock tranny. Need to beef it up to get the hp on the ground. Depending on final hp goal buy injectors accordingly and run smaller tunes until your tranny is built to handle it!

Old 04-20-2016, 08:55 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I build for a living and a few small mods they can handle a lot stock internals. Boost the line a little check all band adjustments a few other small things. I do have a nice kit with sonnax billet shaft revmax triple disk stage 5 converter all billet accumulators billet band struts pro band new clutches and a b&d valve body. Buy it set aside and when it breaks build it right. Just pm if have interest. About to post it all for sale