5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

White smoke brand new injectors dead pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White smoke brand new injectors dead pedal

So I have a 2004 dodge 3500 the 305 hp model I just installed new injectors a while back and had white smoke out the *** so I figured probably bad injector turns out I had two burning almost 60 degrees cooler than the others so I pulled them sent them back to industrial (65 over from industrial injection forgot to mention that) and they said it was the shims and warranties them so I just reinstalled those two and they are all running about the same temperature but now I'm still dumping white smoke and on top of that I have complete dead pedal it will sit between 1600 and 2000 rpm and won't go anywhere will just idle it is throwing a p0341 for camshaft position sensor so I bought a new sensor changed it the other one was gunked and bad looking anyways and I cleaned my map sensor so I started it back up again after that same problems same code even after I cleared it and it's throwing a low air flow code? I forgot to write it down earlier it's something to do with air I'm sorry if this seems vague but I'm pulling my hair out here and am stumped and kinda frustrated I even did the injectors the shop I took it to originally said that they flow tested my injectors and they were bad which I think was a lie because I never had any of these problems and where going to charge me upwards of 5000 to do injectors and a lift pump and I told them to kick rocks and did it myself and now I'm in a mess

Old 03-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

White smoke is unburnt fuel usually caused by a dead cylinder. 1600 to 2000 is not idle.
check your grounds and your TPS. might have bumped it or something when you did the injectors. You have the cable type black box on the D.S. front of motor right?

Old 03-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dangerous1965
White smoke is unburnt fuel usually caused by a dead cylinder. 1600 to 2000 is not idle.
check your grounds and your TPS. might have bumped it or something when you did the injectors. You have the cable type black box on the D.S. front of motor right?
Yah It does and I wasn't saying that was my idle sorry for the lack of punctuation. I was trying to iterate that the only thing it will do is roll at idle vs some people who let their trucks warm up and the dead pedal goes away or is intermittent.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:58 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Codes?