5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

No bus

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bus

Been having problems with the "no bus" coming up and the gauges going on and of until I reach about 30 to 40 mph than sometimes the park break and abs light stay on. Also the fan speed for HVAC will stay on low defrost unless I move the steering wheel up and down just right than it will eventually kick on until I hit a bump or move the steering wheel than it will go back to low defrost... Has anyone had any of these issues or some other ideas to check before I buy a new cluster?

Old 10-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I had my key switch burn out, fan did the same thing, they are running way to many amps threw those wires and it fry's them and the key switch, remove your steering column cover. there is a manual linkage that crosses the column to the left side and that is where the switch is, you will probably find that the wires are burnt out.

Dodge sells a kit to wire into with a new plug but if you run your fan a lot like I do (pushing snow) then you need to put a relay in line. I put a light duty one in and it burned out again. that is where I would start.

Attached Thumbnails No bus-img_00000244.jpg   No bus-img_20150128_185404.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Jet A Fuel (10-10-2015)