5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Power loss, then restart and it works fine.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power loss, then restart and it works fine.

Pulling my toy hauler out of the driveway. Got to the end and no power. Boost gauge showed no boost. I have noticed the boost gauge drops to 0 when I am driving then pops back up with no power change. Shut the enging off and restarted, worked like normal. Drove for about 1 hour then in Salem working stop lights it happened again. Boost showed 3 lbs then after 2 1/2 blocks it took off without turning it off. Two days ago pulling my boat home total boost was 10 lbs and would not go up. Put the truck in N, turned off and restarted, again normal power. I am at a loss here. Mapp sensor? wastegate? TPS? ECM? There are no codes showing up when I plug in the reader. I thought about keeping it plugged in and looking to see if I can find a problem but haven't done that yet.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 310 Likes on 299 Posts

Try cleaning your battery cables and all ground connections in the engine bay and frame There are several ground connections. A bad ground connection will cause havoc with these trucks. It wont cost but a bit of time. It worked for me, and might work for you. I now clean my connections twice a year whether needed or not. At the very least this part of the troubleshooting will be done. Good luck!