5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Warm 2003 CR slow crank and late or no fire

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warm 2003 CR slow crank and late or no fire

2 weeks ago I was experiencing a slower crank rotation with a later and later start. Metered the batteries and all is right with the work and no major drops at all. It is at least 80 degrees outside here in Atlanta. This initial instance was "solved" by changing the fuel filter and adding some diesel Kleen to the tank an all seemed fine.

Now yesterday it started doing the same thing again an I don't quite know what to do next. It try's slow and then gets faster and faster then finally fires. After it's started it runs great, no skipping no acceleration issues, no problems at all. Like I said only starting.

I had thoughts of the starter, lift pump, injector pump, of cracked fuel lines. No ton of black smoke (no more than normal) so leaky injectors I think are out. It's a quad can long bed auto trans.

Has a CAI and 4 inch straight pipe. Also I have the edge juice with attitude programmer on it and it has been on for years (2004ish). All of you are much more knowledge than myself so I was hoping that you may have some help for me. I did search this but none of those instances matched the variables of my issue.
Thanks in advance for the help

Old 09-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any help would be greatly appreciated