5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

need advice for a special project

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up need advice for a special project

Finally after spending 30 min trying to figure out how to post something so I hope I did it right. Well first let me introduce my self my is Richard levi harris I go by levi. I'm needing help and guidance I use to be a big diesel freak. But on August 9, 2011 god bless my wife I with a beautiful little girl emery lane nicole Harris health beautiful baby girl. When she turned one we notice something about her so we schedule a doctors appointment with children mercy. To make a longer story short emery has diagnosed with a rare cancers brain tumor and are whole world changed on us in a matter of a seconds. So a week later they did surgery they remove the brain tumor but after surgery the doctor came in and told us she has to more tumors deeper in her brain and there it's nothing they could do for her except monitor it. Now she 3 years old and is the smartest beautiful little girl. We do mri every three months to see if the tumors are growing but so far there growing with her brain. There are 200 reported cases in the u.s very rare type of brain cancer if I knew how to spell I would . But the reason why I am here is because im wanting to build my.little girl a pulling truck and also make it towards brain cancer awareness. I just purchased a 94 12 valve block from a ford serious box truck payed hundred bucks for it after I explained to the owner what I was doing he sold it too me cheap. It tore down to bare block at the moment. its got to go the machine shop because number 6 piston was melted and scared the walls a little bit but. I have done some research I'm thinking about 03 cr head,02 pistons stage one or two cam , but I ain't sure on boring it .020 over? Or what kind of charger? Or injectors? 4k, or 5k gs, what kind of dv, It prob be a three project but atleast I have a block but any advice or help is appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read this thank you good bless

Old 09-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

First off, i'm sorry to hear about your daughter, i'll keep her in my prayers.

as for the motor, i would recommend getting the killer dowel pin dealt with while you have the motor out. As for the other stuff i'm not sure. Hopefully someone will chime in and help out with your question.

The following users liked this post:
cummins al the way (09-02-2014)