5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

2003 injector problems follow up report

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 injector problems follow up report

A little long but I now know the problem! You guy's were right!
I had started a previous thread about a problem first with a cold start and then with a total "no start" issue back about a year ago. I was in total denial that I had an injector problem because of the fact that the truck would run like a Swiss watch after I start it with ether, COLD or HOT starts! I just couldn't convince myself to spend 1500-3000 on injectors without knowing it truly was the problem! So I saw the opportunity to purchase (2) "new" injectors at a reasonable price and bought them. THE OUTCOME......... I had the #1 and #2 replaced yesterday and to my amazement I went outside this morning at around 10 below and started the truck without even plugging it in! Sum beach! "It's the friken injectors! It's apparent I don't have a nozzles or spray issue but a flow back from the injector causing a no pressure start! Thus the reason it runs like a Swiss watch when running! So! How long before the other 4 can't take the pressure and go bad??? Another thing I noticed is the injectors are not as quiet as before the change. Any input on steering me in the right direction would be appreciated! It also seems to run not as smooth, will it get better on it's own? Any break in so to speak? Will they get quieter? What's next guys!
I should have listened to you experts earlier!
But hey! IT STARTS NOW!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Contribution rates are probably different since some injectors are brand new. I would get it scanned, or if you have high miles (160-200k or more) look at replacing the other 4.