5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Lorenz Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Lorenz Suspension?

Does anyone here run Lorenz suspension products? I have been eyeballing thier 2.5" leveling kit. It can be found here: http://www.lorenzindustries.com/kits..._leveling.html

I have heard good things about it on "other" boards, and the price is right compared to Carli and KORE, but I wanted to see if anyone here runs it... Either way Im gonna have to save my hard earned pennies for a while to afford a suspension leveling kit.
Scott

Old 04-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't run it, but I did talk to Sean Lorenz today about a kit. He's a REAL nice guy. I have also heard really good things about him.

He seems very knowlegeable, and was very helpful in suggesting which route I should take and why.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Diesel Wrench

Ive heard a lot of good things about Sean Lorenz, and his customer service. I think thats definetly the way I am going to go. Any additional input is always welcome.
Scott

Old 04-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

IMO the price is a little high for what you get. I've found spring with the exact same load ratings for $150ish, 2 bilstein shocks are ~140. That's 290 bucks. As for the blocks, they can easily be made with some steal stock for under 10 bucks including paint. You could also always go the spacer route at under 100 bucks. Don Thuren actually recommended this route to me when I talked with him the other day.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Diesel Wrench

Been thinking about that too... I am now rethinking the suspension. For what I intend to do with it, an HD leveling kit is not really needed.. My rig is a driver and a tow rig, and only sees dirt while towing my jeep to the trailhead. I am starting to think that I will do the spacers, buy the blocks from Lorenz, and the bilsteins from him as well. Should be a solid system and perform well. Besides, I was looking to replace my front and rear shocks anyhow
Scott

Old 09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Diesel Wrench

Just an FYI, I contacted coil spring specialties, and got them to quote me on a pair of front springs with just abotu he same rating as the lorenz coils.. at 420 lb/in with 2" of lift built in, and their price was $325 for the pair plus another $40 for shipping. So its not really as cheap as $190 for a pair of good coils.. Unless you can point the way to this place that will do a pair of coils for that cheap.

So, lets assume I use the CSS coils and buy my front bilsteins from lorenz at $150 for the pair. From what I see I am at $475 if you take shipping out of the equation. So, for $565 I could get the lorenz kit, and have everything in one package. Seems logical to me. But then again, I am not 100% sure which way I am going with a suspension. I am hoping the wife gets me something for our anniversary, but if she does, then I won't have any say in which kit it is. Good thing I like both Carli and Lorenz stuff.
Scott

Old 11-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

So, did your wife hook you up with a new suspension for your anniversary?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Diesel Wrench

No, I wasn't that lucky, but she did let me buy some new 35" Pro comp Extreme All Terrains... which by the way, are already looking too small
Scott

Old 11-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Still, pretty cool. I've been looking at Lorenz myself, can't decide which suspension to buy! Have to sell one of the motorcycles off first so I have some time.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the Lorenz leveling kit w/Bilsteins front & back last week. I also got the swaybar end links instead of the blocks. After looking at the factory end links & seeing how week they looked I didn't mind spending the extra 100 bucks. Sean was very helpful & and easy to work with. I'm very impressed with the results. The truck handles better & doesn't have the body roll it had before & I think it rides better also. I really hated to spend that much money, but now I'm glad thats the route I went instead of just doing spacers & shocks.

Steve~

Quick Reply: Lorenz Suspension?