24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

I wanna Roll Coal

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wanna Roll Coal

I am dumb

Last edited by iWannaRollCoal; 07-30-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 PM
BOMBARDIER

Received 338 Likes on 289 Posts

Take and put a plastic bag over your air filter. or take a razor blade and cut one of your rubber intercooler boots.

Do not do that. Rolling coal is not something u should be wanting to do.

The first thing u need to worry about is getting some gauges. Boost, pyro and fuel pressure. Then when u have that, if ur fuel pressure isn't keeping up, minimum of 7psi, I would get a air dog.

An ez is a decent chip for a stock automatic truck. When u can afford to start doing a lil to the trans (torque convertor and valve body) then u can start up grading the hp of your truck.

Last edited by biged681985; 07-30-2012 at 08:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
H.R.D (07-30-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 114 Likes on 106 Posts

Go to walmart buy a pair of grannie panties go out to your truck, pop the hood, take the grocery bag the grannie panties came in and put over you intake and put the grannie panties on your head.

This is the response I give to every one who has asked the very same question, please do not be offended by this because you will be saved by the fellow members of Diesel Bombers. Here is why I gave you that response. Imagine why we have DPF, EGR, and Cat **** in diesels now, is because the tree huggers have griped about all the diesel smoke. Now dont get me wrong Im am guilty of smokin every now and then but, do you realy want to waste all that fuel on smoke, why not turn it into usable power? yes smoke can be cool but power earns respect. You will get a similar responce from other memebers because we do not like people who abuse diesel smoke and all they have a diesel for is to smoke, we want Power and longivety out of our Diesels, With an auto tranny it will be difficult to roal coal, because the tansmission will not let you lug you engine and excessive lugging leads to premature issues to your engine. Be proud of the little smoke because it means your engine is tuned and is using fuel to make power not to produce smoke. Sorry for the little joke I gave you but Im giving the nicer reply because some members will give you a piece of thier mind, Plus I dont like people who own diesel's so they can go and smoke the whole town. I know its your truck and you can do what you damn please to it but well tell you how to roal coal after you get your hind end swallowed chewed and spit backed out... But stick around and ask us how to make my truck more efficient... And welcome to Diesel Bombers (Better Of Modified Baby) Not Better of smokein.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Take and put a plastic bag over your air filter. or take a razor blade and cut one of your rubber intercooler boots.

The first thing u need to worry about is getting some gauges. Boost, pyro and fuel pressure. Then when u have that, if ur fuel pressure isn't keeping up, minimum of 7psi, I would get a air dog.

An ez is a decent chip for a stock automatic truck. When u can afford to start doing a lil to the trans (torque convertor and valve body) then u can start up grading the hp of your truck.
you beat me to it, I was writing a speech haha..

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Also my friend tell us what your truck has, and yes guages are mandatory, espicially fuel pressure because low fuel PSI leads to Injection pump death, I recommend Westach Guages but their are other great manufacturers, Build up you intake, build the tranny and replace the life pump system and then you can build your motor for power. I to have a 98 and I love the truck and its has 234K and plan on making it to 500K. Oh and straight piping your truck will benifit you in reducing EGTS and MPGS.

Last edited by RanchhandTCR; 07-30-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The following users liked this post:
H.R.D (07-30-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 08:31 PM
BOMBARDIER

Received 338 Likes on 289 Posts

Gotta be fast aroun here :P

Old 07-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by iWannaRollCoal
I just bought a 1998 cummins the tranny is automatic. It has an Edge EZ on it and on the highest setting i get a little smoke nothing serious though. How do i get it to Roll some good ol coal..

Go back to your ricer car, diesel aren't for you!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 143 Likes on 125 Posts

My god just went over this with another guy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 114 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999stroker
My god just went over this with another guy

Yea I just read that post guess it THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR SMOKE THREADS!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by RanchhandTCR
Yea I just read that post guess it THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR SMOKE THREADS!
Yeah must be, just look at his status it says: "Dumb ***", self for filling prophecy if you ask me.

Last edited by H.R.D; 07-30-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait I need to get some popcorn and a soda

Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 143 Likes on 125 Posts

Bahahaha. I try to be nice, bit sometimes it's just like WTF.

Quick Reply: I wanna Roll Coal