24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Bubba
I refuse to go on Ebay anymore so I can't get you a link. But on Ebay is a guy that makes a generic version of the Holley Blue and Black with a much cheaper price tag. They even use the same Holley kit for rebuild when the time comes so they have to be pretty similar.
I got one of those pumps, works great, is running it in tandem with the factory pump, both located next to the tank, bleading off at 16 lbs ( bypass valve ) Pressure allways steady between 15 and 16 lbs, even with edge-comp on max setting.
Running 300HP injectors.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

this is the one i have, stretched the spring slightly.
Is rated at 14 lbs as shipped

eBay Motors: PROCOMP Black High Performance Fuel Pump Holley Design

Last edited by saab9k; 02-28-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-29-2008, 06:04 AM
Banned
Received 3,297 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Heres Some Pump info for you Michael

THIS KIT UTILIZES A SPECIALLY DESIGNED PUMP, THESE ARE FULLY OPERATIONAL TESTED PRIOR TO SHIPPING AVERAGE CURRENT DRAW IS 5 amps @14.7 VOLTS @ 20 P.S.I. THEY FEATURE A LARGE GEROTOR. IT IS A VERY CAPABLE PUMP. APPROVED PUMPS WILL GENERATE OVER 50 P.S.I. APPROVED FOR S15 FUEL. IT FLOWS AN IMPRESSIVE 150 G.P.H. AT 9 P.S.I. WE CNC MANUFACTURE THE PUMP HOUSING AND FILTER BASE. THE PUMP ASSEMBLY IS CONFIGURED FOR EASY MOUNTING AND FILTER LOCATING. WE ADD ALL THE NECESSARY COMPONENTS TO MAKE THIS THE COMPLETE SYSTEM AS SHOWN. DURAMAX AND COMMON RAIL CUMMINS APPLICATIONS, WILL ALSO INCLUDE THE NECESSARY TUBING AND FITTINGS, FOR FUEL PRESSURE INCREASES UNDER BOOST OUR EXCLUSIVE RAILBOOST* FEATURE . THE 05 UP COMMON RAIL KIT INCLUDES THE SIPHON/DRAW TUBE FOR UNRESTRICTED FLOW. ALSO AVAILABLE SEPARATELY. THE FUEL RETURN REGULATOR, ALLOWS THE PUMP TO OPERATE AT DECREASED LOAD, YET REFERENCES BOOST ON SOME APPLICATIONS FOR INCREASED POWER ON DEMAND. THE DESIGN ALSO ALLOWS FOR INTIAL PRESSURE SETTINGS UP TO 20 + P.S.I. THE RETURN LINE WHEN MOUNTED UPWARD ALSO PROVIDES AN EXIT FOR AIR IN THE SYSTEM. YES IT IS SELF PRIMING. IT TAKES ABOUT 10 SECONDS TO FULLY PRIME THE SYSTEM. WE HAVE BEEN RUNNING AND SELLING THIS SETUP, FOR A OVER A YEAR. WE HAVE HAD VERY FEW ISSUES. THE SYSTEM HAS SUPPORTED IN EXCESS OF 800 H.P. ON DIESEL FUEL ALONE. THE FILTER INCORPORATES A STANDPIPE AND WATER SEPARATOR. IT WILL HANDLE 150 P.S.I. AND HAS A LONG LIFE. IT FILTERS TO 6 MICRONS. 3 AND 2 MICRON FILTERS ARE AVAILABLE, AS WELL AS THE MEGA FILTER KIT. OUR STANDARD FUEL LINE SIZE IS 3/8", ON 98.5 - 04 CUMMINS, 1/2" IS STANDARD FOR 05 UP CUMMINS AND DURAMAX. A COMPLETE ELECTRICAL HARNESS IS PROVIDED. IT INCORPORATES A HIGH CURRENT RELAY AND INLINE FUSE FOR CIRCUIT PROTECTION, AS WELL AS PUMP TRIGGER. THIS IS THE BEST LOOKING AND PERFORMING SYSTEM AROUND.
  • In-House - Meets Our Strict Standards
  • Fuel PSI Fully Adjustable with bypass/return setup
  • Eliminates all the restrictive stock banjo's
  • Tested at high altitudes in sub zero conditions, with no issues
  • Super suction pump and high flow rate
  • No Springs , Belts , Plungers to Change EVER
  • Will run Constant 4.5 - 22 psi
  • Draws only 5 amps @ 20 psi and 14.7 volts.
  • Boost Referenced On CR Applications Only
  • Gerotor pump
  • 6 micron filtration
  • Flows over 200 GPH
  • Capable of over 70 PSI
  • Has fueled over 800 hp on #2 alone.
  • Billet Aluminum Construction
  • Equipped with 3/8" or 1/2" Fuel Lines 1/2" will need the siphon tube
  • 500,000 Mile Pump

Old 02-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts

Hey DM...

Sounds impressive. But Geez that's a lot of stuff to deal with having to change the siphon tube etc... Is it really worth it??? With pics of the stuff its hard telling... Get the pics up DM...

As for AirTex I gave the company a call and found out the AirTex 7153 is a exact replacment pump. It got stock metric fittings with stock wire plug. It's intended to be mounted back in stock location. But they still can be mounted back by the tank. AirTex is working on a slightly better pump for that application (a little stronger).

But so far there has been very little problems or failures from their pumps. Like he said "It made by a human so problem and failures will happen"

He was very straight forward and honest...

Old 02-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been looking into running one of these with with stocker...

Summit SUM-G3136 - Summit Electric Fuel Pumps - summitracing.com

or

Trick Flow Specialties TFS-25003 - Trick Flow TFX (TM) Electric Fuel Pumps for Carbureted Engines - summitracing.com

I think their the same pump as PROCOMP Black High Performance Fuel Pump Holley Design...

So, what involved to do this swap? Is there a write-up somewhere?

Last edited by Ford_Ktm; 02-29-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by Ford_Ktm
I've been looking into running one of these with with stocker...

Summit SUM-G3136 - Summit Electric Fuel Pumps - summitracing.com

or

Trick Flow Specialties TFS-25003 - Trick Flow TFX (TM) Electric Fuel Pumps for Carbureted Engines - summitracing.com

I think their the same pump as PROCOMP Black High Performance Fuel Pump Holley Design...

So, what involved to do this swap? Is there a write-up somewhere?
Those are for sure holley pumps with a different names on them. Just look at the documents and the design of it. They match exactly...

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 03-12-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned
Received 3,297 Likes on 1,640 Posts
Old 03-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Cant say enough about my new walbro setup!!!
I was in the same boat as you mike, already had the lines and fittings and I decided to get a walbro ($119 from fleebay) and a regulator from jegs ($125) along with two filters to get down to 2 microns from NAPA ($90) and be done with everything.

I have had 1 blue and 3 black holleys. The most recent holley left me stranded inside the mill and I had to call my dad to come pick me up then help me band-aid it to get home. It was a spectacular failure though, one of the magnets came loose from the side of the pump motor and locked it up. Blue or black I have never had a holley last more than 10 months and even with the stiffer spring from the hardware store, I could still lose up to 8psi during a WOT run.

All that being said, if you can buy one pump then keep returning them and getting free replacements, its not too bad of a deal and will go in the exact same place you have your pump mounted now.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

FASS 150 HPFP $445.55

Airdog Raptor 150 $399

Airtex $149.99

FREE SHIPPING

Old 03-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by lukesdiesel
FASS 150 HPFP $445.55 - Extremely high!

Airdog Raptor 150 $399 - Too High of price...

Airtex $149.99 - Good Price and it will fit my budget...

FREE SHIPPING
Ok... Gang with the price of diesel here in Idaho going to $4.00 a gallon now I just cant afford a whole lot. It bad enough I'm going to try and resurect my GoldWing and start riding that... I'm going to be even shorter now on funds. It bad enough my GW is going to cost me another $200 bucks for rear tire, rear brakes, and rear brake rotor.

I'm working computer jobs and Cummins Diesel repair jobs... I'm just totally strapped...

I'm going to consider the Airtex highly since I contact them directly and ask questions about the fittings, pressure and volume. I really can't see going for a Air Dog or a FASS... My ScanGauge II shows my total fuel flow at WOT to be roughly 19-22 GPH The rest is return fuel... 120-140 GPH is just not needed...

Old 03-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Holeys are a good setup, you just have to put an inline filter before the pump, the crud from the tank is what kills them, i put two on that setup until i figured out the prefilter setup, i haven't killed one since been on there 9 months now. DD

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump