24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Edge juice problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge juice problems

Ok well i just bought a brand new Edge juice with attitude cts and had it installed and it does nothing for the truck. I havent been able to take it back to the shop to have it looked at seeing as how it was sunday, but i did got over ghe instructions line by line and everything is hooked up right. The truck feels likenithas no peddel and i can go throughnall of the settings and there is absolutely no change at all.

Any ideas short of having to send it back to edge for diagnostics? I am more than open to suggestions here. i was looking forward to feeling what 1000 bucks does to the truck, and feel like i got dumped on.

Not trying to judge early I know something is wrong somewhere, just ready for the change.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

Double Check your pump tap. That is usually 99% of the issues.

Luke

Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Diesel Fan

I just checked the wire for sure. It was in right I took it out and tightened it again for more assurance. No change. I have noticed that the only change I have since the install is a small puff of smoke on start up where before there was none. Still not a change in any power level.

I called edge today and they said they are going to send me another box. Just figured it would still be good to make sure there was nothing else i can do before then.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Diesel Fan

Ok so for an update. I got the box from edge hooked it up, nothing was different. I went back to the shop where I had the install done. He looked over everything and adjusted my low boost setting. Nothing

He seemed to think that I needed to get the truck computer flashed due to having the Ottomind on there and it might have done something and so on. Did that yesterday, no difference but I am up to date on that so thats a plus I guess.

I have however, since the install, had an issue where the pedal dies check engine light comes on, and the tps code comes up. Nice right.

Well I for lack of wanting to have to spend like 400 bucks on a new one I googled the part and came up with a Timbo APPS replacement sensor for 165. I ordered it.

I have done some reading and I am only thinking that I will be shelling out for a new VP again nice right.

So recap. 1100 for the programmer and install, 165 for the apps, and still no resolution which give me a grand total of 1 pissed off wifey.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sucks about the problem but I like the "grand total of 1 pissed off wifey." Hope you get it fixed.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 153 Likes on 136 Posts

correct wire tapped on the pump? I hear about this a lot. I would say you have a tap issue.

The following users liked this post:
Diesel Dawgs Performance (02-20-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Diesel Fan

Ok well I dont really have alot of time through the week to mess with stuff, but I again checked the wires on the the set up. The pump tap wire doesnt need to be hooked up, and yes i know that limits the amount of change that I should see. I have tried both options hooked up and unhooked. Neither have any difference on the truck. I am going to try to completely unhook everything and see how the truck drives.

Any other ideas would be great as I am completely lost short of a hammer to mend the box.

I will be calling edge again today to see if they would have any other options for me as well. Just hate having it hooked up and know its not doing anything at all on the truck except working as guages.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

If you don't tap the pump wire it will act like the 65hp Edge EZ.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before I got my box I was sure to get a new lift pump. You might want to do the same. No lift pump equals Broken VP. I am still running my stock VP with no problems. IMO get a lft pump either 100 or 150 gph.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Diesel Fan

Ok well this should be the final update on this "problem"
I went through again today and checked all the wires and connections and somewhere along the lines one wire must not have been hooked in all the way cuz I took the truck for a test drive and ................. HOLY #$*&.

I only had it in level 1 on the test and I could tell it was hooked up. I went ahead and tried all the levels, and just so we are clear my truck only has a single track rear end in it and has no problem spinning that 37 inch tire.

I am not sure which wire it was that finally got connected properly but at this point I am very satisfied with the EJWA.

So now I need tips on why not to race everyone from lights. Its not that bad but the truck is all new to me now.

Thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply: Edge juice problems