24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

needle valve and sender issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default needle valve and sender issues

I recently installed my juice w/attitude again after having it away for warranty for the second time. My fuel pressure read out on my new monitor is off. The sending unit for the juice is mounted in a tapped banjo bolt on the fuel filter housing outlet line, just as it says in the directions. I also have a sending unit for my autometer electronic fuel pressure gauge in the post filter test port. The autometer sender is on a 18 inch line with a snubber i got from them also, while the edge sender is not. Its directly in the banjo bolt. my autometer gauge reads 17psi at idle and 14psi WOT. This is what my edge use to read before. I seen it read 25psi the other day, and last night i seen it go as low as 2psi. I have a low pressure light too, so these readings must be off. This whole time my autometer gauge has stayed consistent with its pressure. I emailed edge about this issue and am just waiting for an answer. I guess my real question is how to set up a needle valve? If my sender is bad, i want to run a needle valve with a fuel line and snubber to eliminate spikes to a new one.

How turned in do u run the needle valve?
Which needle valve to get?
should i run the same line kit and snubber i bought from autometer?

Im in BC canada so i don't have the same auto part store as the states.

thanks guys