24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

I Need Code Help! I'm Stumped.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 1,322 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Excellent...dont know if we helped but glad you got it figured out.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 102 Likes on 98 Posts

Evil,

Do you know anywhere that a guy can buy the plastic clip connectors that are in wiring harnesses (ie like the lights or the MAP or equal)?

I am getting ready for a complete tear down of the electrical this long weekend and I'm looking for connectors at my fog lamps, head lights and the spade fuse connectors that you slide over the positive lead on the fuse to power something.

I have the plastic shroud, the braided shroud, zap ties, relay's and such and don't want to not have what I need to get this finished in a couple days. I am going so far as to remove all the wire from the A pillar and replace with a custom harness to the fire wall then through the wall and out to the block. This has been a long time coming and frankly it needs to happen to get rid of my problems. I think I will even take a look at Mopar Man's site again and check a few ideas.

Thanks

Old 05-10-2008, 08:28 PM
BOMBARDIER

Um, no - dont know of any sources off the top of my head. Long ago I broke the one on my IAT sensor.

Not sure why youd need all these new connectors....

Old 05-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 367 Likes on 251 Posts

I can get them all , or you can switch to a Painless connector! Most the time I just rebuild the old ones with a Kit!

If you need the Mopar Diagrams or All data Diagrams I've got them all!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:51 PM
BOMBARDIER

There ya go Dev.....Lucas is a real good guy to deal with !

Old 05-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Diesel Bomber

Lucas / Evil:

I need to get the connectors for the lights - specifically males on the females that go to the lamps. The males are therefore not a replacement but a new part and I don't know where to look is all. I have all the wiring data etc. I need it for next Friday.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Diesel Bomber
Default UPDATE

Well,

After 5 beer and 31 hours later I think I may have finally solved my battery issues.

It would seem that a much younger and somewhat foolish self (enter brother, who knows everything), decided we'd put aux reverse lamps on this truck of mine.

Problem number 1:
I have now completely checked and rechecked this setup to provide me with a relayed switch from the transmission that will turn both the OEM tails lights and the aux lamps on. However, unless I can find a dual pole relay - a relay that has 2 "86" powers, a single ground "85", the "30" and the "87" - which in this case would go to the lamps, I'm stumped on how to make the bypass actually work without back feeding the ground and turning on the phantom interior cab fan. I'll even provide this site my wiring sketches but my scanner doesn't work with Vista so I'll have to do it from work tomorrow.

Problem number 2:
Some (Dr. Evil) may recall about 3 or so years ago that I complained of lack luster front head lamps. Well, I "fixed" that by adding relays and providing 12V to each bulb instead of the 7 or so that the OEM harness carries. Well, I pulled all that apart and found yet another problem - I had installed the relay and harness on theWRONG side of the lamp! I don't know what I was thinking there but after many hours today trying to get it to function (again I'll supply wiring diagrams here) I can't get the 12V source to fire the relay.

Over the years I have increased my knowledge of automotive 12V electronics and I'm not by any means an expert but I certianly know more than I did then. So, since I yarded out all the harnesses for the front lamps and I will start to complain again when it rains I need to figure that one out. Not sure if it means "upgrading" to the Quad lamp set up that was available on the sport model or if that means figuring out this electrical cluster hump.

Should anyone wish to assist I'm all ears.

Oh and for the record, I found 4 bad grounds - loose and corroed for the most part. The batteries even now hold a better charge than they did before and the light on the COMP actually turns on the first time the key is turned to wait to start.

Anyway, I'm about done with this crap and I think I need a beer...

Cheers.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Ok, I can't find what I'm looking for online except to say that I if I had a normally closed relay to deal with the OEM transmission and then a normally open one to deal with the overright switch - I think this would work. Please help (pictures would be great)

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Wyatt Earp; 05-20-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost