Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   Silencer Rings (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/78551-silencer-rings.html)

BRE 06-30-2011 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Brett Regier (Post 768627)
ok so how do i get more smoke

Ok now do you guys understand why I answer stupid questions with stupid answers?! Jesus

Lostnwalmart 07-01-2011 01:31 AM

Well sorry for calling it like I see it.. If he dosent have the mental capacity to use the gosh dang search button to get the procedure then why should I waste my time explaining why it's there in the first place. You will loose 3-4 hp pulling it out yes it will make more noise. Does the op understand how to read and research not everything will just be given out. Go ahead and flame me for being a dick but this guy has proven himself to be exactly what I thought with his last post. people with feelings on the internet make me laugh :pca1:

dukeboy_318 07-01-2011 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by BRE (Post 769075)
Ok now do you guys understand why I answer stupid questions with stupid answers?! Jesus

:rocking::rocking:

i'd said the exact same thing, dont worry, rick, you were the only one thinking that. :w2:

BRE 07-01-2011 02:16 AM

Yes. Just because some people may be new doesnt make it right in my eyes to allow stupidity. That may be harsh but dang...... So yea im a dickhead as stated before I believe but oh well

12vcummins96 07-01-2011 09:02 AM

hey guys we are here to point these guys in the right direction not make them feel like they are belittled
teach them the right way as ryan was doing
dont be dicks ok

Mdub707 07-01-2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by BRE (Post 766507)
Lets point a few things out shall we.
1. Its CUMMINS!
2. This is the wrong section
3. There is a search function for time waisting stuff like this.

Have a swell day!

It's spelled wasting. Nice try. :tttt: If you're gonna correct someone on spelling, might as well double check your own spelling first.

Originally Posted by Lostnwalmart (Post 769107)
Well sorry for calling it like I see it.. If he dosent have the mental capacity to use the gosh dang search button to get the procedure then why should I waste my time explaining why it's there in the first place. You will loose 3-4 hp pulling it out yes it will make more noise. Does the op understand how to read and research not everything will just be given out. Go ahead and flame me for being a dick but this guy has proven himself to be exactly what I thought with his last post. people with feelings on the internet make me laugh :pca1:

If it was such a big deal, why go through all the trouble of even replying? I agree though, the search button really just doesn't get used enough. The issue is, he's new. Maybe new to forums in general. I didn't know how forums worked when I first signed up, everyone has to learn sometime man.

Originally Posted by 12vcummins96 (Post 769155)
hey guys we are here to point these guys in the right direction not make them feel like they are belittled
teach them the right way as ryan was doing
dont be dicks ok

:c:

Exactly, we're all on the same team here. Sure we like to rag on each other over brands and what not, but at the end of the day we're all a bunch of diesel dudes and gals. If posts like his make you mad, you DON'T have to reply... someone will, it's a pretty big forum.

Lostnwalmart 07-02-2011 03:26 AM

I think if the person has less than ten posts the search button should take up half the screen and flash lol. You are right was just having a rough day which were all entitled to every once in a while.:c:

countryboy976 07-08-2011 07:58 AM

will removing the silencer ring damage the turbo or loose some power

RAW 07-08-2011 08:09 AM

will removing the silencer ring damage the turbo or loose some power
It causes no damage, and no HP loss. All it will do is make the turbo whistle louder.

AllWeatherBomber 07-10-2011 02:28 AM

whether it is actually true or not i just read in diesel world or diesel power ( cant remember which) that removing the silencer ring will slightly improve airflow. and also make the turbo whistle more pronounced...which isnt for everyone.