24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Compitition Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compitition Forum?

First a little introduction, I have been into Diesel trucks since 2002 when I first bought my first diesel truck. I worked hard at trying to get my truck to a point where I felt safe enough to do my first pull, This never happened with my first truck. I lost her before I had the first chance. Now fast forward a few years, and I have my second 2002 Dodge Ram HO, even the same Graphite gray color. I am starting all over again on the slow climb. I have already made the first mistake, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. I have a Quadzilla Adrenaline box with the pulse controller. Right now I only use it on #2, and the pump wire isn't tapped. I know, I went there way too early, I need a set of gauges, and hoping to get a FASS system soon, or something similar. Now my questions, is the FASS system still the best lift pump replacement option, and how did all the mechanical pumps work out? A few years ago, there was a pump called MITUSA, (or something like that), I was very seriously considering. Have there been any advancements in the mechanical fuel pump world, or has everyone gone a different direction with the advancements of the common rail? I just came back from my first truck pull event in almost 5 years, and it looks like the newer Dodges are still holding their own, and the Duramax's have come a very long way as well. So my question with this...Is there a competition section to read and talk about the latest pulls, or races. By the way, I just came from ATS's Diesel on the Mountain, Truck Fest. It was a blast, and all the old feelings I once had about pulling came flooding back again, after the first cloud of smoke belched from the stacks 50+feet into the air. Thanks for reading all this, and responding.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Banned
Received 3,297 Likes on 1,640 Posts

The Diesels In Action section has Pulling , Racing Ect ...

Old 08-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Just found it. Cant wait to get caught up.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

awesome to hear!!! its a good feeling when you loose it there for a second but it comes back real fast!! Feels like that for me when im on this forum. I loose being excited to read and talk about it but once i get back on this site it just hits me again... if that even made sense! go to have ya here....