24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

couple questions about and 02

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple questions about and 02

alright 1st off im new here this is my 1st post!! i have an 02 and i installed an airdog II 165 and set it to 16 psi (1st mod added all the other parts after). why does my truck feel laggy until about 125 deg. then it feels normal and at what temp should i set my adrenaline to start adding power??? i have never had the adrenaline with pulse above level 5 and it smokes like a chiminey!! soo i dont think the injection pump is goin out but it kind of scares me seeing posts similarto mine. Also what is a good turbo and injector to start off with (because i know sooner or later im gonna want twins, i know how diesels are addicting now) , with the parts i already have installed!! i daily commute 200 miles a day and tow a 23ft proline a few miles atleast every other weekend!! any help would be much appreciated

Old 07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Received 340 Likes on 273 Posts

well first of all welcome also im not to hip on the adrinaline mabye some one will know more ive got a 12valve if you are wanting to go twins a 62 mm or 64mm would be a great turbo to use with twins or as a single and also i wouldnt go higher than 150s good luck on the truck

Old 07-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i dont know much about how the turbos are defined! i know 62, 64 and so on is inducer but i want something that i can spool fairly quick i dont wanna be cruisein and mash the pedal and it just sit there!!! also what size injectors do u think like ddp 200's or any suggestions?? im gittin a 1st time home buyer credit near the middle of the month soo im lookin for goodies!!