Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   No! Run!! (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/42743-no-run.html)

Lil Red Express 02-08-2010 08:07 PM

Does it smoke at all? Sounds like your VP is too weak. If it was the injectors they would not all quite at the same time, it would still try to fire on a couple of cylinders.

RAW 02-08-2010 08:30 PM

Hmmm, bbolding may be onto something. How about the Cam sensor as well?:humm:

bbolding 02-08-2010 09:34 PM

What was going on with mine is that would get fuel pressure then try to start and then 0 psi. The ECM was not seeing the engine spinning over and killing the fuel pump.

Russ Roth 02-08-2010 10:49 PM

If you read and follow the Blue Chip link I posted you can figure out if it is the injection pump or not.

Weyco Woods Man 02-09-2010 02:16 PM

How do you clear the pcm of codes? :humm: The only code I've gotten so far was 1693. Talked with a dodge tech. he said if you could here the pump in the injectorpump working that it was fine! All you had to do was turn the key on?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Cam & Crank sender! Where are they located at ? Maybe they just need to be cleaned!??:humm:

wes-cummins 02-09-2010 03:25 PM

CRANK SENSOR ABOVE BALANCER

LOOK IN SERVICE MANUAL AND FIND OUT WHAT CODE 1693 IS,
IM NOT SURE BUT I THINK WHEN MY BROTHERS TRUCK QUIT RUNNING ONCE IT THREW THAT CODE, MIGHT BE MAP SENSOR

mishkaya 02-09-2010 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Weyco Woods Man (Post 490807)
How do you clear the pcm of codes? :humm: The only code I've gotten so far was 1693. Talked with a dodge tech. he said if you could here the pump in the injectorpump working that it was fine! All you had to do was turn the key on?

Cam & Crank sender! Where are they located at ? Maybe they just need to be cleaned!??:humm:

You don't have a crank position sensor on an '01, and the cam position sensor is located below the VP44 (injection pump). If your tach is working when you are cranking, it shouldn't be a problem though, especially if it's not throwing a code. P1693 just means that there is/was another code stored in the PCM. That should not prevent the truck from starting. The only thing that would prevent the truck from actually starting, provided it has enough fuel to pop the injectors, would be lack of compression, but that would be very surprising if the truck is not making any strange noises. You can always try swapping the fuel pump relay with the horn relay in the power distribution center, but if you are getting fuel to the injectors, that should not be the problem either.

wes-cummins 02-09-2010 03:58 PM

how much fuel pressure you got?

mabey lift pump to weak

sry i didnt know they didnt have a crank sensor on the vp trucks

mishkaya 02-09-2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by wes-cummins (Post 490925)

sry i didnt know they didnt have a crank sensor on the vp trucks

That's OK, crank position sensor stopped in 2000 as far as I know. :c:

wes-cummins 02-09-2010 04:43 PM

ha ha i know my 12 valve in and out, dont keep up on the other trucks a much, only know basics on vp trucks