24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

head studs and waste gate tubo fooler needed with quadzilla adrenaline?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default head studs and waste gate tubo fooler needed with quadzilla adrenaline?

Ok just bought this truck. It came with an ATS trans the highest level for street. Receipt said 6500k. the guy blew the input shaft while still under warranty about 15k ago, so the whole thing was torn down and rebuilt with billet input and output shaft and they threw in the best torque converter for him for the inconvenience. Has co-pilot lock up control in the cab.
Has ATS Intake arch 3 peice exhaust manifold, and banks exhaust, k&n air filter with stock box, upgraded bosch injectors and that's it. I want to run the quadzilla adrenaline with the pulse thing. MY question to you guys is will I need head studs? rig has 212k on it. I have no guages so the multitude of guages is going to kill alot of the other things I wanted to do at the same time which I love.
What type of boost numbers can I expect?
Is it safe to run this at max performance level without further upgrades? Was thinking I needed boost fooler and upgraded wastgate. I am also planning at putting the airdog system at the same time if I need to, let me know guys. Thanks in advance.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

thanks guys

Last edited by asabadin; 10-12-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

You shouldnt need head studs w/ the stock charger even if you upgrade the wastegate. You also wont need a boost fooler, the adrenaline will take care of that along with giving you gauges espically if you buy the pulse w/ it. Definetly upgrade the lift pump.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

Just get the Adrenaline with Pulse. Let me know if i can help as this is what im running in my truck.

Luke

Old 10-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 153 Likes on 136 Posts

what size injectors? It is possible to pop a head gasket with a stock charger