24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Senders and adapters for gauges

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Senders and adapters for gauges

Was going to order a gauge kit today, I want to get fuell pressure,trans temp,and pryo on the pillar and a boost gauge on the column. My question is which is the best way to tap into the system for fuel pressure? Was going to get the fuel filter cap from geno's with the fitting on the cap, is that a good system to monitor pressure?
How good is the trans temp sender that clamps around the line?
Thanks

Old 05-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

Our Kit's include the Tapped Banjor bolt that goe's into the VP Pump. If you wish we can also include a Fitting that will go between your Transmission Cooler line so you can get a more accurate trans temp reading.

Luke

Old 05-19-2009, 04:14 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 1,322 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v'd_Fury
Was going to order a gauge kit today, I want to get fuell pressure,trans temp,and pryo on the pillar and a boost gauge on the column. My question is which is the best way to tap into the system for fuel pressure? Was going to get the fuel filter cap from geno's with the fitting on the cap, is that a good system to monitor pressure?
How good is the trans temp sender that clamps around the line?
Thanks
I would put the boost guage in the A Pillar and the fuel pressure guage down by the 4X4 shifter.

I would also go with a tapped banjo bolt on the fuel filter outlet rather than the replacement cap which is prefilter(you want to know the pressure post filter not prefilter).

You FP guage should look like this:

Name:  26971fuel_press_setup.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  35.9 KB

Name:  26971needle_valve.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  35.6 KB

Old 05-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Does the trans temp adapter go between the line and trans or cooler or does it hook around the line?
What kinda gauge pod will be for the 4x4 shifter or should I make it? And why down there?
I'm looking at getting the quadzilla pulse with my tuner so with that said what mechanicle gauges would I need if any since the pulse has em? I was always under the impression that you want a gauge cluster itself for accuracy. I'm looking at my options in DD right now.
Thanks for the help, tryin to hook up the truck reliably.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 AM

If your going to get the Adrenaline with Pulse you don't need any Mechanical Gauges.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

So the pulse monitor will work just as good and be accurate?
Thanks, I'll have to get it asap than, it has a fuel pressure guage correct?
I'm going to order it with the adapter for the trans and all and just hook it up and leave on a low or economy level till I can get my airdog
Thanks

Old 05-20-2009, 11:31 PM

You will have to order the fuel pressure kit straight from Quadzilla.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
BOMBARDIER

Originally Posted by lukesdiesel
You will have to order the fuel pressure kit straight from Quadzilla.
Yes, and we know how reliable they are....

Old 05-20-2009, 11:41 PM
BOMBARDIER

Originally Posted by 24v'd_Fury
Does the trans temp adapter go between the line and trans or cooler or does it hook around the line?
What kinda gauge pod will be for the <acronym title="Four Wheel Drive"><acronym title="Four Wheel Drive"><acronym title="Four Wheel Drive">4x4</acronym></acronym></acronym> shifter or should I make it? And why down there?
I'm looking at getting the quadzilla pulse with my tuner so with that said what mechanicle gauges would I need if any since the pulse has em? I was always under the impression that you want a gauge cluster itself for accuracy. I'm looking at my options in DD right now.
Thanks for the help, tryin to hook up the truck reliably.
Trans temp sender goes in the hot line of the tranny. There are different styles, I prefer the style that installs inside the tranny line and come into contact with the tranny fluid, instead of the type that install outside of the line. Accuracy is important here and I believe thats the most accurate way to do it.

The Fuel pressure guage in mounted in an Autometer guage cup and its mounted down there as its much easier to run the tubing there than in the A pillar.

I prefer the analogue guages to the digital ones. JMO.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Yes, and we know how reliable they are....

Actually the ones there using right now are working out great.