24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Smoke switch issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke switch issues

alrighty boys I'm kinda worried now. I got a 98.5 second gen but it's got a 2001 motor in it, but anyways I'm not an electrician but I tried to jerry rig up a smoke switch but it didn't work and now I'm worried since it's wired up something's not right. I got an eery feeling when I read a guys comment on a map sensor and he said it made his truck not get enough fuel. Instead of more like I wanted but anyway he said that it made his turbo only put out eight pounds but I think if it's only puttin out eight pounds of boost it would run right? Just need some relief or if not some help would be great I appreciate it I'm only sixteen and don't know how some of this stuff works.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad idea

Get a new map sensor and pull that switch out. If you want to drive around and smoke people out you should just get a tuner or some injectors, messing with the map sensor can cause you some unwanted problems and before you know it your spending alot of money for parts and your truck isn't reliable anymore.