24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Edge ez problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 09:32 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Edge ez problems

Has anyone else had issues with their edge ez failing to work after restarting the truck? What I mean is I have a 2001 dodge 24v 5 speed. I got an older edge ez for it. ( you have to open it up and move the jumper to change the 3 settings) when it was warm it worked just fine except on rainy days. And now that it's cold it does it every time. When I start the truck for the first time for the day it works fine. Once I shut it off like to go to the gas station or something the. Restart the truck it fails to work. If the truck sits for a half hour or more it's like it resets and works fine again. During the summer on rainy days it would do it and I could get under the hood unplug it and plug it back in and it would work again. Now that it's winter and cold unplugging it does not work. Only letting the truck sit for a half hour will reset it and make it work again. Does anyone know what's going on with it?