24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

24v electronics upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24v electronics upgrades

Hey All, I have a couple questions about what every one runs with their programmers.
I turned up 12v's for years but recently got a deal that was to good to pass up on a 98 Ram 2500, 4x4, extended cab, shortbed. I'm very familiar with these motors in stock form but never turned one up.
Poor thing had been beaten half to death by a construction crew but I know the maintenance guy there and he said the drive train was ok. Ive been going thru it slowly as time and money allowed and at the point where Im going to get a programmer. I think I'm goin with the Quadzilla Adrenaline, mainly because it already has all the gauges I want. I've already upgraded the fuel pump and done a BHAF. The automatic tranny has been rebuilt but not "Built" just some reliability updates. Other than that the drive train is stock.

My question is what do I need with the programmer, if anything. Boost fooler? Boost elbow? does this box stack with others? Does it change shift point? Ive searched Quadzilla's web site but they offer little help.

Attached Thumbnails 24v electronics upgrades-20160315_163914.jpg  
Old 03-22-2016, 04:52 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

A higher dollar programmer will include a boost fooler. A boost elbow also helps. As for stacking I have heard good things about the smarty/TST stack.