24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Time for injectors.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for injectors.

Hey guys I need your help /advise again. My current injectors are fine but I'm looking to get more low end torque , I can't figure out how to change my signature but I recently installed a edge juice w/attitude. So I have incredible top end power. And my new fass pump should be here in a week and installed that day. Iv heard a lot of good things about DPP 50s I think that's what they are called let me know what you think

Old 11-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I want to say the juice is mid to top end. a smarty will make your low end pretty wicked.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts

better yet, just get the hot unlock for the edge. that will wake up the bottom end and make it more aggressive.

DDP's are overpriced.

DFI makes a nice cheap 50hp injector that runs very clean.

DAP does as well

Old 11-18-2013, 12:57 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

RV275's will be your best choice

Luke

Old 11-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Diesel Wrench

275's are known to be a bit on the hotter/smokier end without much gain as they are just punched out holes. not EDM'ed or extrude honed like the 50hp injectors are...

Old 11-18-2013, 02:38 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Never heard or seen true Bosch RV275s be hot or smoky.

Luke

Old 11-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Diesel Fan

What will the hot unlock do in my motor to help the lower end? And will it harm any thing or be to much for my truck ?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

And thanks jigabop you've given me lots of good advise over the past year

Last edited by Dunright mobile; 11-19-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by lukesdiesel
Never heard or seen true Bosch RV275s be hot or smoky.

Luke
compare them to a set of 50hp DFI injectors and you will see what I mean...

rv's will be smokier, run higher egt's and not yield the same fuel economy or power potential as the 50hp injectors...

50hp injectors has them hands down beat in every category other than price and that is when used with the stock hx35 turbo. no need to get a new turbo with this mild of an upgrade in fueling.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Diesel Fan

What's the procedure to get the injectors out? Especially the back one ? Should I do my tubes and o rings also?

Old 11-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Diesel Wrench

no need for new tubes.

O-rings should be replaced every time you do injectors...

get yourself some petroleum jelly and use it to both hold the crush washers on the new injectors, and to lubricate the o-rings when being installed back into the head. it will help keep them from rolling on you and getting pinched or out of place.

to get injectors out: remove valve cover and gasket, remove intake horn, remove engine lift point (big iron loop on the head that is in the way)

remove injector line clamps above the intake valley

disconnect injector lines from the head and use a flat blade screwdriver to gently pop the connector tubes loose and pull them out of the head and set aside.

remove the bolt directly above the injector on the hold down but leave the rearward bolt in place to remove the injector hold down.

use one of your intake manifold bolts and thread it into the top of the injector, and give it a tug to remove the injector.

you can use a screwdriver to gently pry upward against the head of the bolt to pop the injector out...once the hold down and cross tube is removed, the o-ring is the only thing left holding the injector in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time for injectors.