24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Does anyone know?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know?

When I really step on it and let my truck rip when I let go of the gas there's like a studded I have know idea even were its coming from its like it wants to keep going its sounds like a semis Jake brake or something I have to burp the gas peadel a couple times to get it to go away..does anyone know what I'm trying to describe?? And I think it's gotta be hard on the truck..

Old 04-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Without hearing it for myself, I would say you are barking the turbo which is not good for it.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is there a way to make it stop or is that just what it's going to do!?? Cause I think you rite...

Old 04-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

The only way to stop turbo bark that I know of is to install a blow off valve or ease out of the throttle rather than suddenly lifting.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My truck does something like that when I beat it on it heavy on throttle then let off fast. Its because the vp is hsving trouble keeping up with the call for that fuel. When I let off quick it sounds almost like it has a lopping in it from a cam or lope tune. Try not letting off the go pedal so fast.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what are your mods. Many of the programmers fuel really hard and when romping on it, you let off fast the truck does funny **** either doesn't wanna stop fueling for a sec or shutters or you can be experiencing turbo bark wich is not good but way worse on a said stock turbo than a built turbo according to a lot of companies my big aurora used to do it with my smaller sticks when i let out but now its building more boost and it doesn't do it anymore.