24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Hate To Do It But Have To

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:52 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
Thumbs down Hate To Do It But Have To

Well guy's I cant believe I'm saying this but my VP truck has to go, I am in need of another dually and cant swing buying it without giving up my playtoy. My question to you guys is what do you think I should ask for it. If I sell it outright all bombs will go with it (see sig). As it stands now, with the price of the truck included I've got just over 35k in it, I know I will never get anywhere near that amount, so I could use a few jumping off numbers to get me started. Outside of whats in the sig, its got 89,200 on the clock, I just put a VP on it 2 months ago, CD player with I pod hookup and controls, new front driveshaft, and a rebuilt transfer case. all power, cloth seats, vinyl floor, new dash . Pic below to help with judgments. Oh and if anybody here is interested PM me an offer.

Name:  DSC00674.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  129.7 KB

Name:  DSC00676.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  104.5 KB

and interior before I added the fuel pressure gauge on the column.

Name:  djakldjskl078.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  61.9 KB

Last edited by cashwheel; 03-18-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Maybe $15,000ish, good looking truck

Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats a 18k truck to the right person if you ask me... You may have to sit on it for a bit. Ebay might be a good choice as well. Set the reserve somewhere around 16ish and see what happens. The way diesel prices are though you might have to sacrifice a bit.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:12 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 1,112 Likes on 700 Posts

It sucks but the market is horrible for everything right now. Nobody is spending any money. They either don't have any and the ones that do are to paranoid to spend it right now waitin to see what's gonna happen. Not to mention Diesel fuel cost are runnin your everyday wantin playtoys kinda folks away from this stuff right now.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is a sexy truck. Once I get my ferd sold, you might be hearing from me. Truck looks well worth the trip. I would have PM'd you about it but I don't have enough post yet...

Old 03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice looking rig my man!

I don't like Dave Goerend, but there's NO question that he builds the finest Dodge transmissions in the world, and stands behind his work. You probably got ~$5000 in tranny alone. The average truck buyer (read: non-enthusiest) would probably have no idea what a transmission like that is worth. That mod is your most expensive, and will most likely be the hardest to get money out of. Sadly...

IMHO, while ebay is a great place to sell, you're going to get more money for the truck by selling it through a diesel performance classified ad. Here, TDR, DTR, etc... Also try your local craigslist, but don't hold your breath. Ford_KTM is right, it's an $18k truck to the RIGHT PERSON. I also agree that you're probably going to have to sit on it a while, but it'll sell and bring good money.

Just for a point of reference, I paid $12k for my 99 just a little over a year ago. It was stock with an SBC clutch, and had 175k on the ticker.

You'll probably want to slap me for this, and I mean NO offence, but clean that girl up before you take her to market. It may sound silly, but a $200 detail job may make the difference between a $12k and $18k sales price. Clean clean clean. People like clean fresh looking vehicles.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Aaron
Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Good luck on your sale, get a price before our new classifieds are released on April 1st.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

dang man I hate to see it go. I have been at this fork in the road but luckily kept mine and kept away from a different truck. I know how you feel about the time, money, and enjoyment you wont be able to get back out of it. Those are the resons I still have a VP truck and not a CR truck. Good luck with the sale.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would get a lot more than 16 - 18 out here in Utah. I would advertise it on KSL.com for 20k and see if you get some calls. Those trucks are still in demand here, I know, I have the same truck.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Speaking of the goerend tranny, I'm buying one in the next couple of weeks and have researched it to death. So----many opinions on tranny's that I'm torn up. I have been leaning towards an ATS IV package (tranny, billet shaft, 5 star TC, and commander) but am open to suggestions. There is an authorized ATS installer in Ogden utah that would take care of all the shipping and core and R&R for 475.00, sounded reasonable to me. I can do the work, but to save the headache of shipping, I've been thinking of letting him do it. That way I also have someone to go to in the event something doesnt work right.

Last edited by Hilblee; 04-28-2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost