24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Molested & a lil beat up! - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Molested & a lil beat up! - opinions?

I been looking for a ECLB for awhile and came across this ECSB and liked the price and mileage ($7,999 & 153k) and it looks mean as hell........just a lil beat up and molested too, its got big *** exhaust tip sticking out, a programmer, CAI, lift kit, ground hawg tires, plow frame, goose neck hitch, and some dents and scratches. pretty much all stuff I would like to do to a truck (minus the dents a and scratches) but I never bought one with all that done before, I like to get them as close to stock as possible, but would like to get some opinions, thanks

Here's a link to the web site I found it on

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national

If that doesn't work for some reason here's some info

1999 2500 ECSB 153k miles, auto trams

Old 08-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Truck for sale

I saw this truck on e-bay last night. You're correct, "It's beat up" Also I did'nt see any guages. Personally, If I were looking for a good Dodge/Cummins I would check out the "For Sale" list on DB. Most of the trucks here are together and ready to go. I believe the DB folks are much more Trustworthy than a Used Car Dealer. Just my 2 cents, Good luck.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Bombardier
Received 607 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by kerley
I saw this truck on e-bay last night. You're correct, "It's beat up" Also I did'nt see any guages. Personally, If I were looking for a good Dodge/Cummins I would check out the "For Sale" list on DB. Most of the trucks here are together and ready to go. I believe the DB folks are much more Trustworthy than a Used Car Dealer. Just my 2 cents, Good luck.
looks like the program *might* have gauge capability like the EJWA. it looks like it has been rode hard and put up wet. look at how deformed the air filter is like it has been sucked in and collapsed on itself. I would NEVER mount a filter that close to the turbo, but that is just me.....

Old 08-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

YOu asked for opinions, Mine is to keep looking, it looks like it wasn't taken very good care of, run to death and put up wet. I would be concerned of what problems are you going to have once you buy it . Diesel parts are to expensive in my book to take a chance like that. I looked for a year before I finally found mine.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's why I said she was molested and beat, just wanted to make sure y'all didn't see a diamond in the ruff, thanks

Old 08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

mine was kinda beat and still is the body is like the bed got a flat bed in works, had to do alot of front end work, had a hood stack so needed exhaust etc. its a good truck and i love rollin coal i got it for 3grand and i traded my 96 k1500 for it the k1500 was pretty custom paint all clean with 230k on the body my 2 cents check it out drive it and see how it is see if you can take to a mechanic to chekc it all out and work on the price if it needs ball joints etc