1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

New seats and interior mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New seats and interior mods

I have a 93 d350 ext cab and i hate the seats in it. What are my options for new seats? I dont want to have to modify them too much to get them too fit, but a little is ok. Also, how about the back seats? Has anyone been able to use a bench? Or is there seats from another truck that are more comfortable?
Any other ideas to freshen up the interior and give it a newer feel?

Old 06-07-2012, 02:10 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I run 2nd gen buckets in mine n love em there from a 94-97 ext cab with the center console/3rd seat. They pretty much fit right in with the addition of a few new holes. Now in my old 90 I ran ramcharger seats n the outer two mounting bolts lined up then I just had to drill two new ones per seat n bolt em in.

For the rear seat a company used to make em but I think quite. I'd try seeing if 2nd gen rear bench seats will fit.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see a bunch of threads about forward facing rear seats but they are all dead and no one posts results. The rear seats out of an f250 Ext cab seem very compact but there is a pretty small space in the first gen. Maybe a custom seat build. Or even if i can find some seats that can replace the current ones that are more comfortable. I'll start i thread on this i guess.