1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Truck may be up for adoption

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Truck may be up for adoption

Depending how the next few months play out and what my tax return looks like and if my work moves me... I might be selling my truck, I know I'll never get out of it what I have in it, but I figured I'd give you guys the heads up. I'd like to pass it on to someone that appreciates these old girls. I've touched just about everything on the truck and a majority of it has new/upgraded parts. If anyone has seen any of my posts and builds you know I don't like cutting corners unless I HAVE to; and even then it isn't exactly presidentially engineered.
Just to scratch the top:
Around 140,000 miles 4x4
727 auto, billet servo's, accumulator and heavy apply strut, goerend 14 blade converter, shift kit, thick flex plate, amsoil full synthetic, DD trans pan, auxiliary filter and cooler with electric fan, stainless braided lines. Trans was rebuilt about 2 years ago; rooster comb fell apart and trans guy suggested a rebuild to my aunt.
S300 turbo, turbo blanket and modified HX40 DP w/exh wrap, 4" exhaust to 6" black stacks with aeroturbine xl muffler, head studs, 60# valve springs, ATS 3 piece manifold, AFC delete pump top with 354 spring, AD 150, fluidampr, dual electric fans, air to water intercooler, oil filter relocation kit (front radiator support mounted) BHAF.
6" lift, cross over steering with high arm steering kit. Chromoly front axle shafts, kingpins rebuilt recently. Bearings, brakes, calipers, wheel cylinders and seals front and rear replaced 2 years ago, less than 14k miles. Traction bars, 20" rims. Flat bed.
Trans temp, pyro, boost gauges + tach
The truck went thru many evolutionary periods from "poor college kid just making sure it was safe to go down the road and legal" to "I make enough money to be dumb about spending it and I'll buy anything I want for it" a lot of this truck was tailored by my hand and I drove it 18 hours straight to Arkansas hauling a dual axle uhaul PACKED. Not a single hiccup. About 85% of the trucks modifications has less than 8k miles on it. I'm the second owner, my aunt being the first so the history of the truck is well known. Truck has no visible rust, (panels, doors, cab) painted the truck 2 years ago and wire wheeled/painted the majority of the frame at the same time. New weather stripping and tint on the windows 20% sides, 5% rear. As I said the truck MAY wind up being for sale but I won't be offended by offers. I have pictures of the trucks condition when I got it and pictures of the majority of my modifications... It's one of those trucks that you'll NEVER see another one like it and not bc it's fugly. Hate to see something that I've put so much time, money, and heart into. But the extra money could be very handy if things don't fare well in the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

that sucks man i love these ol girls as i'm sure u do... hope you get to keep it.. or get enough out of it to get something else you'll love..

Old 02-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 186 Likes on 159 Posts

Sorry to hear that. You probably already know this, but it's not a good idea to sell something like a highly customized truck under duress, or when you think you "need" to. Very few potential buyers will appreciate it's value so you will most likely convince yourself to take way less than it is worth after many low-ball offers. You need time to find the right buyer. If you are really serious about needing to get it sold, start now.

Good luck.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't do it I don't know your situation but there is always a way to make a buck. That is a classic in my book and really a new truck. You love tinkering with stuff,down the road after it's gone and your back on your feet you'll do it all over again. It's in your blood. My vote is keep it. I'm speaking from I've been there and wished I would have not let a few good rigs go.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Diesel Bomber

Completely understand guys, that's why I wanted to just get a feel... I know roughly what I need to get out of it, and being that it's not a "I NEED to" kind of thing but more along the lines of "if I do it; it'll put me further ahead" sort of deal. I don't feel I'm at risk of taking a low ball offer and at any point in time I can still decide to keep it.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Diesel Bomber

Well, that OP sure looked like a sales pitch, to me! So how come this thread isn't in the "For Sale" section?

Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Diesel Bomber

Mainly bc I didn't even think of the for sale section. Oops. Oh well I'll let it fizzle out and worry about selling it if needed later.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Diesel Bomber

I knew you weren't serious - how could you be!

Old 02-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Diesel Bomber

Lol don't have to call me out on it just exploring my options. Parting with the truck is an option if needed and right now it isn't NEEDED, and as others have expressed concern... I don't want to do anything too hasty.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try going to KBB to find the value. It'll be dependent on the miles, age, location and of course condition. Looks count the most. The upgrades may add a little to the value but don't expect much.

Quick Reply: Truck may be up for adoption