1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

need body help

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need body help

I just bought this 93 stock cummins besides the flatbed and massive front bumper, well thats what it was when i bought it. It has been here in my home town of melba for its entire life as a farm truck. Since i bought it i have added a few things. Some new 17" raceline wheels and some about 60% tread 33's i was able to pick up for free. I added some carr sidesteps and a toolbox, and lastly for the body work i wirewheeled the frame on the rear end under the flatbed and undercoated it. now for the big problem. The body has tons of peeling paint and rust. i want to paint it a black and go all black with chrome/stainless accents throughout with the toolbox, grill, mirrors, and parts of the rims being such. My big problem though is that the wheel wells are all bent up and one of the fender flares is missing. there are also tons of dents and dings all over the place that would show like crazy with a new paintjob. how do i fix these?

ps. i have a really beat up and broken grill and turn lights, any ideas on how to get these cheap? cant find them in the local junk yards it seems.

pps. i am wanting to run some stacks up the sides. i don't wanna cut holes in my flatbed but wanna do it like a semi somewhat. has anybody done this? i wanna take the rounded out corners of my cab in the back and round them in to fit the pipe in about half way and put a guard over them. please let me know if you have seen any of these or have any pics.

Attached Thumbnails need body help-081111115331.jpg  
Old 11-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know how you feel. When i got my truck the bed was half bondo it had no tailgate 3 of the lights worked and i had to change ALL of the fluids. But most of the stuff you can fix yourself. Look on craigslist for cheap parts, And don't spend a but load of cash on a stack kit! I did my stacks at home for $210 with parts from napa. as for the dents i would thy taking them out yourself. But it all depends on what your goal for the truck is

Old 11-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those wheels are mean looking what are they?