1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

building a 1992 w250- takes two to make one

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Site Sponsor
Received 636 Likes on 254 Posts

na big pics are good better on the eyes

Old 11-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BIG BAD DIESEL THANK YOU FOR THE HELP WITH THE PICS. HERE ARE A FEW FO THE CAB TAKEN OFF OF THE 4X4 AND THE CAP AND BED TO USE ON NEW BUILD. THE 2WD TRUCK WAS THE BETTER TRUCK.SHEET METAL WISE IT WAS WRECKED IN THE FRONT DRIVERS SIDE BENT FRAME.ALL PARTS ARE STILL GOOD ROTORS SPRINGS ECT.

Last edited by terragota5.9cummins; 11-16-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: TRYED TO STACK PICS.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with the build!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Site Sponsor
Received 636 Likes on 254 Posts

no prob man

Old 11-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by T.C.ummins
Good luck with the build!
THANKS T.C. TOOK A FEW PICTURES TODAY .JUST FINISHED TIGHTING UP THE BOLTS FOR THE TRANS. AND THE CAB MOUNTS THAT WE PLACED. RAN THE BRAKE LINE TO THE REAR. THIS SMALL TANK THAT HELPS COOL THE TRANNY -I NEED THE STEEL TUBE AS MINE IS RUSTED. GOT RAD SUPPORT IN RAD. INTERCOOLER TUBES HOOKED UP HOSES ON .READY TO SET THE CAB THIS WEEKEND IF WEATHER IS NOT TO BAD Name:  DSC00243-1.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  14.0 KB

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

not all the pic. loaded rad and intercooler set the pipe in place on down pipe seamed to fit the 4x4 frame but will notbe using it as my son says that it is to rusted -- only surface rust-whats a ten year old know anyways pic .of pipe not being used. and he decided that the bumper has to . well cant argue to much, its his build. but i will get to use it when done. he whats stacks .so will be shopping for christmas. any will on which is better .

Last edited by terragota5.9cummins; 11-17-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost some words where posted over
Old 11-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Diesel Fan

well the cab will not get mounted on the frame this weekend ,recieved the back order cab bushings and only three in the package . someone forgot the fourth mount. and bolt kit so it will give me time to clean up the underside of the truckcab.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:57 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by terragota5.9cummins
THANKS T.C. TOOK A FEW PICTURES TODAY .JUST FINISHED TIGHTING UP THE BOLTS FOR THE TRANS. AND THE CAB MOUNTS THAT WE PLACED. RAN THE BRAKE LINE TO THE REAR. THIS SMALL TANK THAT HELPS COOL THE TRANNY -I NEED THE STEEL TUBE AS MINE IS RUSTED. GOT RAD SUPPORT IN RAD. INTERCOOLER TUBES HOOKED UP HOSES ON .READY TO SET THE CAB THIS WEEKEND IF WEATHER IS NOT TO BAD

not all the pic. loaded rad and intercooler set the pipe in place on down pipe seamed to fit the 4x4 frame but will notbe using it as my son says that it is to rusted -- only surface rust-whats a ten year old know anyways pic .of pipe not being used. and he decided that the bumper has to . well cant argue to much, its his build. but i will get to use it when done. he whats stacks .so will be shopping for christmas. any will on which is better .
The trans cooler line that has the temp sensor in it is available from aftermarket places. Mine was rusted/leaking right at the fitting at the heat exchanger (the round thing). it`s around 20 bux from rockauto.com, part number is EDELMANN Part # B61129. FWIW autozone had the exact same part but had it advertised at 120 bux(thieves).

Old 11-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Diesel Fan

thanks CHRISLIB FOR THE INFO. have been looking for a few months with nothing to show for it i will check it out that part number will help out alot thanks for the infomation .
Originally Posted by chrislib
The trans cooler line that has the temp sensor in it is available from aftermarket places. Mine was rusted/leaking right at the fitting at the heat exchanger (the round thing). it`s around 20 bux from rockauto.com, part number is EDELMANN Part # B61129. FWIW autozone had the exact same part but had it advertised at 120 bux(thieves).

COUPLE OF PICS. OF CAB THAT BEEN RESTING ON THIS HAY WAGON FOR ABOUT 3 1/2 MONTHS GOT MOVED TO THE GARAGE SATURDAY USED CHAIN HOIST TO LIFT UP SO I COULD SET ON JACK STANDS (SAFTY FIRST IT IS JUST RESTING ON THE STANDS UNTIL I CAN GET SOME 8X8 BLOCKING TO SUPPORT IT) ALSO STILL HAVE CHAIN HOIST HOLDING IT UP I THINK I WILL USE 4X4 FOR SETTING ACROSS THE 8X8 TO SUPPORT THE CAB . BOTH SIDES WILL NEED THE ROCKERS REPLACED BOUGHT 3 SO I WOULD HAVE ENOUGH TO DO THE EXTENDED CAB SECTION THIS THE EXTENT OF THE RUST NOT LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER BUILDS I HVE SEEN ON THE SITE .GEUSS I AM GETTING OFF EASY ON THIS BUILD , AS I HAVE DONE A FEW SCOUTS THAT NEEDED THE COMPLETE REAR SECTION REPLACED ONE LAST PIC. SITTING IN THE GARAGE WAIT FOR THE 8X8 BLOCKING .

Last edited by terragota5.9cummins; 11-20-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost