1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Gauge feedback for a 1st Gen

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gauge feedback for a 1st Gen

I am looking at the all in one pyro/boost/trans temp diesel gauge by Glowshift. I know the other gauge companies are regarded as higher quality but I much prefer the single footprint.
Here is a link to the info:
3in1 Diesel Combo Gauges

For a tach I am looking at the diesel mighty mini tach. Draw back is the half second refresh on the RPM read out and no backlight as far as I can see.
Here is a link to the info:
Tiny-Tach: Diesel Tachometers

I would like to hear from anyone that has them or has any experience with them or any feedback at all. Need any recommendations, draw backs or info on of any other companies making comparable products.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

glo shift gauges are shotty and faulty save time spend a little more money once and get good ones like autometer or isspro you can try your luck with emm butt you will more than likley just wind up doing what you should of done in the first place my buddy has glo-shift and they always crap out on him he has replaced his pyro twice and his fuel pressure 3 times and the lamps in the gauges always go out so he constantly has to change them he just orderd a set of autometers

The following users liked this post:
RedneckJacob (05-06-2012)
Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts
Default Re: Gauge feedback for a 1st Gen

GloShift Gauges are Junk.

Luke

Old 05-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Diesel Fan

Thanks for the feeback everyone. I have no issue spending more money on better quality gauges than Glowshift. Problem is I could not find any other companies making a similar set up to the Glowshift all in one pyro/boost/trans temp that I really like. Someone told me about Westach gauges. I have never heard of them before. I checked out the gauges at their website and I really like their combo units. They actually make a 3 in 1 pyro, boost, trans temp for about 300 bucks. Not a bad price really. There is no photo of that model (only description, model # and price) on the westach website but I sent them an email to get more info. They look like quality gauges and it appears many of their gauges are used in aircraft as well. For those with a manual trans that don't need trans temp they make a dual turbo/pyro as well. Anyone have any experience with Westach?

Old 05-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Site Sponsor
Received 636 Likes on 254 Posts

check out

Auto Meter

ISSPRO.com Your home for quality Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers, and more!

we sell lots and lots of the isspros the westacs are good for fuel psi thats about it IMO

also try here Price Quote - Request A Price - Diesel Bombers

let me know if we can help you!

Old 05-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by big bad diesel 416
check out

Auto Meter

ISSPRO.com Your home for quality Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers, and more!

we sell lots and lots of the isspros the westacs are good for fuel psi thats about it IMO

also try here Price Quote - Request A Price - Diesel Bombers

let me know if we can help you!
Does ISSPRO make any any 3 in 1 type gauges? I did not see any initially in their catalog?

Old 05-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Site Sponsor
Received 636 Likes on 254 Posts

not that I know of the 3 in 1 gauges have there "issues" thats why lots of guys dont run them

Old 05-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Diesel Fan

Anyone run any Westach gauges?

Old 05-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

my son put the 3 in one glow shift in and so far its all good. its been in there only about 3 months.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by diesel pap
my son put the 3 in one glow shift in and so far its all good. its been in there only about 3 months.
How is the visibility of the digital numbers in daylight? Did included senders and wiring lengths work out fine for install in a 1st Gen?

Quick Reply: Gauge feedback for a 1st Gen