1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

91 dodge diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 91 dodge diesel

i have a 91 dodge diesel i dont have much done to it but im wanting to put some money ito it i dont want to do sled pulling but i do want to have the power o beat someone off the line if i needed to. all i have done to it right now is straight 3.5 exhaust afe air intake but no air intake manifold and the banks itercooled turbo kit but iss a fairly small turbo i want to put a bigger one without going broke anysuggestions hit me up thanks

Old 11-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

p-pump it then start doin stuff

Old 11-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Site Sponsor
Received 636 Likes on 254 Posts

na dont be like everyone else

you can make some good power with the ole VE

Old 12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big bad diesel 416
na dont be like everyone else

you can make some good power with the ole VE
yea i dont want to change out the ve i like it its got the 3200 gov spring and the fuel pin so i just need a good set of injectors and a bigger turbo is what im shooying for but not sure where to start looking or buying any suggestions

Old 12-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

hmm the famous question that pops up every week! well for starters, sdx injectors, BBD performance will get you the hook up, you will find that there are cheaper injectors and they are the lucas 300 prince of darkness, i currently are running these and i can vouch that they will make a truck turn 313rwhp/792rwtq, but god are they smokey and a pain in the butt to tune, . and before all of this, GAUGES!!!! a pyro and boost and a tranny temp (if you dont have a hand shaker) dont forget the head studs and valve springs, especially before you slap on a bigger turbo. as for turbo's, idk, i still aint got one yet .

Old 12-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would through a bully dog fuel pin and a 3800 rpm gov spring, when you do that gov spring they suggest to put 60 lbs valve springs in it to. then i would through some 80 horse injector nozzles in it. thats just shy of what i have in my truck and it will do anything i could thing about doing and more. don't forget gauges

Old 12-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Here is a good read about gauges: Gauge Information

Old 12-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beef up the TC or put in a good clutch...power don't mean nothin if you can't get it to the ground.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

well i wouldnt through a bd fuel pin in they gouge to bad butt deff before anything you need to know what your running so get gauges and good luck with the turbo because there is so many different styles and sizes and all you just want to get one that will fit your driving style and also i would invest in a set of injectors because after you buy the nozzles and get them machined and pop tested and all that crap it will be just shy of the price of a good set of sticks butt the best thing to do is what u want its good to ask for advice butt do what makes you happy man i know my truck with what ive done has more power than i need i justed fryed my turbo yesterday and dont have money for a new one

Old 12-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 102 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollin Ryan
i would through a bully dog fuel pin and a 3800 rpm gov spring, when you do that gov spring they suggest to put 60 lbs valve springs in it to. then i would through some 80 horse injector nozzles in it. thats just shy of what i have in my truck and it will do anything i could thing about doing and more. don't forget gauges
those are about the last things i would. quick search will tell you that. first of the ve doesnt do too well in a 3800rpm range. hence why the 3200 spring is a much better option. bd makes a junk fuel pin as well. and get some real injectors not just nozzles.

and as stated before, you want real power, go to a p pump best money i ever spent

Quick Reply: 91 dodge diesel