1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Real motivational!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:53 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Real motivational!

I went to the diesel shop here locally and got the reseal kit for my pump. The guy at the diesel shop looked at my and was set back that a younger guy was going to attempt to pull a pump apart and reseal it. He kept me there talking about what to do, but before he could finish what he was sayin (i think it was because he really didn't know what he was sayin) I would finish the sentence for him.

So what I'm getting at,

Thank you greatly RSWORDS and all you guys that put all this time into providing all the information to us so we can do it ourselves and not get took just because some guy doesn't have a clue.

So, I have my motor on the floor in my shed, the injection pump is almost off (just need to go get the t-bar puller) and then i'll be ready to do some good work. Got the gasket kit, fuel pin and spring (thank you Alwaysworking for the M4 and the spring), and as soon as the taxes hit the account I'll have a lot more goodies.

Much thanks to all you guys who share all that great knowledge so everyone else can enjoy working on these trucks!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 108 Likes on 71 Posts

Bump

Old 01-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Old 01-31-2010, 10:51 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 240 Likes on 192 Posts

that is one of the things that make this site #1 is the info and the help you receive when you run into problems or just have questions

Old 01-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heck yea i love readin info on this site. a person can learn ALOT

Old 01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Heck yea this is why im here the good info no bashing no bad mouthing just good comradery and very very good useful infomation. So we all can learn from each others expieriences and mistakes. A big to all on here

Old 01-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blkjack
Heck yea this is why im here the good info no bashing no bad mouthing just good comradery and very very good useful infomation. So we all can learn from each others expieriences and mistakes. A big to all on here
well every now and then some of us but heads.... thats to be expected tho. this is by far the best diesel forum that i have ever came across! without it i wouldn't have been able to do half the stuff to my truck that i have done. my thanks to everyone on this sight!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I just love when situations like what I had. They guy was trying to explain things to me, I don't know if he was taking so long because he was thinkin he need the special-ed version or if he really couldn't explain it himself. But I basically had to finish ever sentence for him cuz he was takin so long to say it. Seems like everyone takes the special-ed route since i'm 23 but look 16. And he wouldn't stop repeating about how HE wouldn't open up a pump to mess with it, and trying to deture? me from doing it.

Honestly i've gotta take this dang thing apart or I wont have money for any other parts let alone fuel ha ha

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Sorry, "IT" is referring to the reseal.

Last edited by pewder; 01-31-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i love guys that think we shouldn't be messing with our injection pumps. makes me laugh. my pump guy says "go for it, i can fix anything you mess up" he's right but so far i haven't messed anything up yet.

Quick Reply: Real motivational!