1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

46rh valvebody

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 46rh valvebody

looking for a 46rh valvebody just looking for the plates. if its got valves its ok if it dont, its fine i really only need the plate that holds the regulator valve as long it doesnt have the plate drilled for the fluid flow in park all of this on the cheap please thanks

Old 01-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Is there something bad about having it drilled for flow in park?

Old 01-29-2010, 06:54 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

im my situation yes, i turned the pump up a little and the torque convertor took a dump. When i rebuilt the tranny i decided to beef the internals, and install a shift kit. now ever since ive done this the truck has to sit 20 min running in neutral to prime the system up before i have any forward movement. once it primes up runs good and shifts good. before it idles when i check the fluid its like its 2 gallons over full, after its run a while its the perfect level. i also removed the check valve outta the line. so after reading and researching if the check valve is removed and the valve body drilled it creates almost a siphoning effect causing the fluid to drain back into the tranny and outta the coolers and torque convertor. its worse in my case before i have an extra cooler that holds about an additional 4 qts. i installed a hydraulic check valve hoping to remedy the excessive draining but it was no good so i guess i gotta put a valve body in it and hope the regulator valve seals goodand stops drainback. i dont think it matters if its a gas or diesel valvebody