1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

turn key and no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sittin here lookin at the wiring diagram and heres how I would go about it:Assuming your batt and cables are good! With the ign sw in the start position and the clutch pedal depressed check for power at the brn wire going to the starter,if none check it at the relay.If no power first check the brn/yel wire it should be grounded if not take a jumper wire and ground it.If it is and still no start check your yel wire at the relay for pos power if yes = bad relay if no check for power at the clutch sw if u have power only on one side with the pedal depressed jumper the sw and see if it will start.If no power at on either side of the clutch sw check the ign sw.There are connectors between these points that may also be causing problems.(I almost missed this one!Check the blk(or red)wire that runs between the batt + and the relay for power+if none check for a blown fuseable link.do thir after you check the brown wire)

Last edited by 440warwagon; 01-18-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: just cause
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i believe i got it fixed. i got tired of chasin wires so i just bypassed the CSS and hooked in a toggle switch. so far so good, starts up first time and i hid the toggle switch so it wont start if its flipped off. thanks for the help guys