Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   bigtime problem (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/38542-bigtime-problem.html)

tltruckparts 12-16-2009 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by stillcummin (Post 453064)
Im saying the shutoff solenoid is stuck on the pump!Its failing to pull up to allow fuel past into the high pressure side of the pump.All it is is a magnetic solenoid to pull a plunger up.Which allows fuel to pass.Whether or not theres electricity doesnt matter, if its no good!:argh:easy fix/cheap is to take it out,remove the plunger,then rig up a cable to pull the shutoff lever on the side of the pump.No electricity, no problem.

the clutch release,releases the clutch.Youve messed something up.Did you replace the throwout bearing and fork?Did you get oil on the clutch?notice any smells?The clutch isnt grabbing the flywheel,find out why and report back

i didnt replace the fork it was in working order when i pulled it out. and yes i put a new throwout and pilot bearing on there and i can see the throwout sliding on the input shaft and pressing against the fins of the pressure plate. im pretty sure my slave cylinder is bad do you think it could not have enough pressure it pull itself forward or back enough, because i cant get it bled right to even get a strong pedal because the slave is leaking. could this be the case?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by stillcummin (Post 453076)
who rebuilt it?They must have got dirt or debris in the pump and it got caught in there.Id call them and complain.This is where metal partcles get stuck due to the magnet.Do you have a picture of your pump?Is it clean?was it cleaned by the shop before opening?

it was rebuilt at industrial injection in salt lake city. it is very clean now they repainted it gloss black and it was kinda clean when i sent it to them but it wasnt that clean, it was just as clean as it was on the truck

Budgreen 12-16-2009 07:13 PM

i can shift gears with the truck off and clutch released... hmmm guessing thats a bad thing..

tltruckparts 12-16-2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Budgreen (Post 453088)
i can shift gears with the truck off and clutch released... hmmm guessing thats a bad thing..

i can do it with the truck running without using the clutch

Richie O 12-16-2009 07:44 PM

When the shut down solonoid frigs up it will allow the engine to run with the battery 3 towns over. :tu: The end chips and does not stop the flow of fuel, hence , engine runs till it has no fuel. If it was run away it would rev up and most likely blow up. THATS ALL IT IS. Usually they chip on a pump that is turned up with small injectors. It gets chipped when you are on the throttle hard and release the throttle all at once. This causes a rush of backed up fuel and that is what frigs it up.

tltruckparts 12-16-2009 07:52 PM

i think you guys are right i just ohmed it out like the alldata process shows and it isnt within spec. so ill replace that here soon and use the manual lever to kill it.

now back to the clutch. anyone got ideas?

NadirPoint 12-16-2009 08:01 PM

Replacing shutdown solenoids for this purpose is an exercise in futility. If it did it once, it'll do it again.

RSWORDS 12-16-2009 10:20 PM

Call up your local VW dealer and give them this part number 0 330 001 040
Its your shut off soilnoid but for like $35...

ArizonaRedneck 12-16-2009 10:35 PM

hey rs is 1st and 2nd gen shutoff switches the same and i didnt see if this was 1st or 2nd gen in ttruckparts rig

tltruckparts 12-16-2009 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaRedneck (Post 453254)
hey rs is 1st and 2nd gen shutoff switches the same and i didnt see if this was 1st or 2nd gen in ttruckparts rig

my truck is a first gen. and thanks for that part number ive seen that link before but i couldnt find it.

anyone know about that clutch problem? thats my main concern

seandonato73 12-16-2009 10:51 PM

when i put my south bend in it came with a little spacer to go behinde the pivot ball of the clutch fork if you needed extra travel. i didn't need it but you may need to do something like that.or try replacing your slave and master cylinder, i'd go someone aftermarket for one.