1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

airdog II question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if you ordered an AD2 for your cummins it should be set at15-17 psi, i dont know what the chev. one will be set at, but it should just be a matter of hooken everything up and adjusting it to 15 psi

Old 11-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

o so they only change a couple of psi and thats it.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 102 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselPerformanceGuy
o so they only change a couple of psi and thats it.
i have no idea what they set to. i know what it needs to be set to i just want to knwo what the range is for it but it doesnt seem like anybody knows

Old 11-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

yea or they know and don't want to tell ya thats how it is for me, i don't know how many times i asked what fuel psi guage i need, electric or mechanical for the airdogs.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Diesel Bomber

id give you the answer but im not sure. i dont even know if you can plug one straight into it or if you just put it somewhere in line. ill let you know when mine gets here tomorrow

Old 11-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

alright thanks for the replies and updates thanks for the help.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Diesel Wrench

i have a 15 psi mechanical auto meter guage in my truck, but i like hook up a guage out of a pressure test lit just to verrify my guage is right. you should be able to get one at auto zone. you should put your guage in near the pump as pressures may change the farther you get away from your lift pump, having said that mine is in the rubber line in between the block and frame. I got an adapter from summit to pipe it in.
as for the AD2 pressure range i don't have a clue, but i bat it will go high enough to blow the seal out of the front of your pump, just be carefull not to go above 15psi and you should be fine.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Diesel Bomber

i just got it in today and it doesnt say anywhere in the paperwork what it goes to and from. i have a cheap little fuel pressure gauge but with the 1/2" fuel line they give me i cant get it to go in without hackin it up so ill be waiting for a nice fuel gauge to come. it does show that one full turn from all the way back will set it to ten though so im just going to do that

Old 11-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seandonato73
i have a 15 psi mechanical auto meter guage in my truck, but i like hook up a guage out of a pressure test lit just to verrify my guage is right. you should be able to get one at auto zone. you should put your guage in near the pump as pressures may change the farther you get away from your lift pump, having said that mine is in the rubber line in between the block and frame. I got an adapter from summit to pipe it in.
as for the AD2 pressure range i don't have a clue, but i bat it will go high enough to blow the seal out of the front of your pump, just be carefull not to go above 15psi and you should be fine.
how do u like that autometer guage, i was looking at a 15 psi mechanical one also, and does it come with everything to hook it up or do i have to buy other things for it

Old 11-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Diesel Wrench

it came with everything to hook it up to an isolater, but i didn't use one so i have fuel plumed into my cab, all i ended up buying was a little in line adapter from summit to pipe it in. i love the guage it is dead nuts on with my master guage. you should use an isolater with the guage so you don't have fuel run into the cab, but i haven't had a problem and neither have any of my friends. in other words the guage came with everything to hook it up but the little tube that runs to the back of the guage will be full of fuel. if you do hook it up like that remember you need to beed the air out of the line or the guage wont read right...

Quick Reply: airdog II question