Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   ARP STUD WTF?? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/33464-arp-stud-wtf.html)

Red_Rattler 10-03-2009 05:25 PM

Wow never knew this at all! Wow I wanted to do studs awhile ago and was thinking this was a drop in and go kinda deal like my buds Dmax.

12valvetater 10-03-2009 05:45 PM

i had my dad mill the rocker pedistals down when i did mine the reason you need to have this done is becuase at the lengh they are they have maxium strength and some modificaion is required to make them fit but do not remove any material af the studs themselves this is bad practice and weakens the studs

big bad diesel 416 10-03-2009 08:04 PM

i got the rockers at the shop now its 80$ and taks 4 days no big deal
that new 97 head i got is there too getting ported and polished :rocking:
getting performance valves and springs:rocking:

so heres this the hole stud pisses me off the seller should state clearly that (this product will require matching of the block or head) so that way the guy on a limited budget (aka me) doesn't get his shit apart and have to spend another 80$ or who knows how much and if they want to do it in a weekend and its there only rig they dont have to walk to work on Monday

tower_ofpower 10-04-2009 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by big bad diesel 416 (Post 404461)
i got the rockers at the shop now its 80$ and taks 4 days no big deal
that new 97 head i got is there too getting ported and polished :rocking:
getting performance valves and springs:rocking:

so heres this the hole stud pisses me off the seller should state clearly that (this product will require matching of the block or head) so that way the guy on a limited budget (aka me) doesn't get his shit apart and have to spend another 80$ or who knows how much and if they want to do it in a weekend and its there only rig they dont have to walk to work on Monday

it'd be nice if they told you that kind of stuff in the description of the product rather than the directions to it. i've seen the 60lb springs around havent seen the valves, must be your machine shop is hookin you up. are they opening up the diameter of the valve? or are they just a different material?

big bad diesel 416 10-04-2009 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by tower_ofpower (Post 404709)
it'd be nice if they told you that kind of stuff in the description of the product rather than the directions to it. i've seen the 60lb springs around havent seen the valves, must be your machine shop is hookin you up. are they opening up the diameter of the valve? or are they just a different material?

bolth i think i dont know or ask i just pay the tab

12vcummins96 10-04-2009 08:44 PM

i had to bottom tap my block for the studs

big bad diesel 416 10-04-2009 09:31 PM

ya i just think they should tell you this when bought

oh and iam thinking about doing a right up about the studs, head gasket, porting, syncro replacement (getrag), and engine instlation and removle what do yall think?

tower_ofpower 10-04-2009 10:08 PM

go for it bud; the more pics the better :U: and payin the tab and not askin questions isnt always a good thing bud... my bro in law got ripped off like 7 years ago and is just finding out now while i tore his 302 down for him and refreshed it before we dropped it in his 66 mustang; we're thinking the guy pocketed all the good parts and chucked second hand stuff he had layin around the machine shop into the engine. all he really did was punch it .030 over and did a crappy job at that... out of round and never matched piston to bore so the skirts drag like a mother when its warm; just sayin... sometimes being so laxed isnt always a good thing; atleast ask to see the old parts

big bad diesel 416 10-05-2009 12:18 AM

i know the guy tho but that aint a bad idea

tower_ofpower 10-05-2009 12:50 AM

not sayin to not trust him... when the days done... you gotta realise most people are only looking out for number one anymore