1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

FASS fuel system help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FASS fuel system help

My stock lift pump has crapped out, so im ready for a Fass system.. im shooting for 400+hp out of my VE pump. Which size are guys using for the VE pump trucks around 400+hp? How much fuel pressure can my VE handle? Thanks.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Sma't Alec!
Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

I ran the 95gph on my 2002 and I was 400+hp, 900+torque and never ran out fuel. At idle I was 22psi and when I got on it I pulled it down to 15psi.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

most guys here recommend the airdog, but FASS is equally adequate... you dont want to go over 20 psi on the VE 15-18 ps idle would more ideal i suppose... i've heard anywhere over 20 psi your testing the front seal on the pump; if it pops then your going to fill your crankcase with diesel fuel and wash out your bearings... i'm not too familiar with FASS systems but an airdog 150 seems to be the one of choice. i've seen the hardware that FASS comes with V.S airdog... FASS basically has a better mount, fittings seem to be the same quality, the airdog however is less expensive, more compact and still just as powerful

Old 09-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 367 Likes on 251 Posts

The fass IMO is a higher quality more reliable unit than the airdog. They were designed for harsh enviroments and constant abuse. For most daily driving applications the airdog is a great option. I would say a 100GPH airdog would meet any need you would have!

Old 09-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Banned
Received 3,297 Likes on 1,640 Posts

FASS is an the old low tech 1st Air Dog duplicate since the owner of FASS is the son of Air Dog's owner and stole the blue prints and started his own company. Mean while Air Dog who is the originator has improved the design since they have all the engineers and designers . they have succeeded at making the pump more reliable and more compact.

The FASS hasnt changed since the first one because its a duplicate of the first Air Dog .

The loudness of the Fass is Misaligned Gears from poor design of internals and manufacturing.

The Air dog is nearly silent as they have made multiple advances in its technogly. They are entering the OEM market and are already in use by the military.

When it comes to Air Dog vs Fass , FASS is the old Air Dog with no advancements and higher costs. When this was learned we disallowed further sponsorship from FASS and Air Dog is the official Pump of Diesel Bombers , We dont back them because they are a sponsor we back them based on product quality , customer support and business ethics

Last edited by DB Admin; 09-26-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 367 Likes on 251 Posts

I guess it's on who's side of the story you hear

Old 09-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Banned

I talk to charlie at least once per month . Ive seen court papers and things i shouldn't have. i have 100% faith and confidence in Air Dog's Ethics and Product .

Who you associate your self with is a direct reflection of your self , This being so is why we screen sponsors of Diesel Bombers , We want the proven best if we cant have them we will not settle for anything less.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Banned

A lot people are happy with there FASS system , thanks to the Early Air Dog Engineering , My brother has a FASS they work good . But if i had a choice between the two it would no doubly be Air Dog

Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought an air dog and very glad I did, very nice product, compact, easy install and great parts.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselMinded
FASS is an the old low tech 1st Air Dog duplicate since the owner of FASS is the son of Air Dog's owner and stole the blue prints and started his own company. Mean while Air Dog who is the originator has improved the design since they have all the engineers and designers . they have succeeded at making the pump more reliable and more compact.

The FASS hasnt changed since the first one because its a duplicate of the first Air Dog .

The loudness of the Fass is Misaligned Gears from poor design of internals and manufacturing.

The Air dog is nearly silent as they have made multiple advances in its technogly. They are entering the OEM market and are already in use by the military.

When it comes to Air Dog vs Fass , FASS is the old Air Dog with no advancements and higher costs. When this was learned we disallowed further sponsorship from FASS and Air Dog is the official Pump of Diesel Bombers , We dont back them because they are a sponsor we back them based on product quality , customer support and business ethics
wow... didnt know all of that... guess you learn somethin new everyday, i just formed my opinion on all the positive product feedback compared to the FASS

Quick Reply: FASS fuel system help