Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   fuel shut off silenoid (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/29095-fuel-shut-off-silenoid.html)

regor 07-09-2009 06:14 PM

fuel shut off silenoid

Does any body know where i can get the fuel shut off silenoid for the ve pump i am in need of one, bosch # 0 330 001 040, i put the 3200 spring in and everything was great until i hit the manual cut off and then restarted the truck and then it wouldn't cut off by the key anymore:argh: and i have checked the voltage to it getting 12 volts when the key is on and nothing with it off, anybody know where i can get one other then the dealership?

RSWORDS 07-09-2009 06:17 PM

$10 Magnetic Valve (Start/Stop Solenoid) for VW Diesel Injector Pumps. VW Diesel TDI

RSWORDS 07-09-2009 06:20 PM

Or you can get it at NAPA

Be warned though that with a turned up pump and stock I/C'ed injectors its only a matter of time before it gets chewn up again.

regor 07-09-2009 06:23 PM

Thanks RS you have been a great help

regor 07-10-2009 07:40 PM

Well i found a soleniod for the truck can you beleave that the dodge dealership didn't even know what i was talking about and couldn't help me even with the part # napa could have got it next week for me. i ended up driving fifty miles to get it from a pump repair shop in the big city. oh well everything was going well until i went to change it, i bent a wrench just to get to it and low and behold somebody over torqed it and i couldn't get it out had to take the whole top of the pump off and grind down a socket and drive it on there after taking a file to the pump housing and finally broke it loose:argh:. But the truck is back up and running like new, and i found a place to get my parts from. :ok1:

stillcummin 07-11-2009 09:09 AM

why would they get chewed up?this is up out of the way while running

regor 07-11-2009 08:15 PM

I guess when you shut it down with the pump being turned up its more pressur against the plunger and it wears it out quicker, but i have two more solenoids coming so i will not have to hunt for one next time just put it in.

RSWORDS 07-11-2009 09:02 PM

The back rush of all te\he extra fuel from the turned up pump wears it out. Its not really a problem on the non-I/Ced trucks (they have larger stock injectors) just the I/Ced trucks with stock injectors.

willyC93 08-19-2009 11:28 PM

fuel shutoff solenoid

I added the 3200 spring and turned up the pump on my 93 IC and went througt 2 fuel solenoid plunger fast! Now have a manual cable shutoff because I don't know where all the rubber goes. I found some of it in the return banjo screen, but have not found the other
2/3s, and I'm afraid to look further. I want bigger injectors anyway.Good Luck with all of your extra solenoids.

schamran 02-06-2010 05:23 PM

Wow. I just paid like $95 for one. Dammit:hurt: