1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Banjo Bolt search please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wand Banjo Bolt search please!!!

Hello all. Anybody know where I can get my hands on the 10mm Banjo Bolt for the AFC please? I went to install the 366 Gov spring and Denny-T pin when looking at the banjo bolt I could see a tear between the 3-holes. Needless to say it is no good.

I appreciate any help in a source on this one. Thank you Bombers

Old 05-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Mine torqued in half at the holes. Got a new one from the Bosch shop.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BD Diesel Performance sells upgraded banjo bolts for second gens, I'm sure they have the 1st too.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Meralain
BD Diesel Performance sells upgraded banjo bolts for second gens, I'm sure they have the 1st too.
these aint fuel banjo bolts, these are for the AFC line....

dont feel bad guys, mine brokein half along side I-77 four hundred miles from home......

Old 05-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

give me part # or serial # and I will see what I have, or see if I can cross ref.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Bombardier
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You can also get a couple 1/8" npt fittings to 1/8" boost hose adapters and replace the whole line. I will see if I can come up with a banjo bolt

Old 05-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Diesel Fan

Banjo Bolt search please!!!
Hello all. Anybody know where I can get my hands on the 10mm Banjo Bolt for the AFC please? I went to install the 366 Gov spring and Denny-T pin when looking at the banjo bolt I could see a tear between the 3-holes. Needless to say it is no good.

I appreciate any help in a source on this one. Thank you Bombers
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Cummins Guy - Here is the factory part number: 4429729, and it was superceded by this number >> 4740352 however now shows (Dodge) as being discontinued. If you can direct me to a place having this part, I might also suggest to the rest of us owners of these Gen-I Cummins, to get one as a backup as appear to be harder to find than we all know.

Logan - I checked the BD Performance site and do not seem to be able to locate this item for the Gen-I's.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Okay, this is for all those interested as I hope it helps you out as much as it has myself:

I was able to locate these banjo bolts and copper seating washers by a local Kenworth dealer here in my town. Very reasonable at 6.00 @ so I bought two. Cummins (Not Dodge) part number for these is Bolt = 3924724 and for the washers = 3919188. He told me the parts I can pickup at 9:00PM tonight. MAN!! Talk about service. He went on to say, we cater to Cummins owners and that Kenworth and Peterbilt were bad names there.hehe

I have to say this to you, as I am sure you all would agree >> I am very glad to be a proud owner of a real diesel power-engine. I already know how difficult this would have been if I instead owned a Stroker or a Max. Not sure a place like "Kenworth" or even our local "International" truck centers could have helped at all. But that is just my opinion.

Last edited by x2be1; 05-13-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cummins_guy
give me part # or serial # and I will see what I have, or see if I can cross ref.
My AFC line broke right were it comes into the banjo. Need the whole line, and probably the banjo bolt. Dodge gave me a rediculous price. There part number is "501 4229 AA".
Any help is greatly appreceated.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by wtfd6
You can also get a couple 1/8" npt fittings to 1/8" boost hose adapters and replace the whole line. I will see if I can come up with a banjo bolt
wtfd6,
My AFC line broke right were it comes into the banjo. Need the whole line, and probably the banjo bolt. Dodge gave me a rediculous price.
It seems like the bolt is metric, do you know for sure if this will work? If not can you get the metric specs for me so I just could set it up the way you suggested? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by TDiesel; 05-13-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Diesel Fan

The thread is actually a 8mm. I now do know however if you want to keep it original, the pipe, all you have to do is to find yourself a local big-rig service center like "International Truck Center", or a "Kenworth Truck Center" and they will actually look the part up by your engine serial number, which on Cummins should be on the label on the left side of the engine front cover. 6BT sometimes is enough for them, but to be sure they are looking up the correct component to fit, the serial number is all they need as it is Cummins number and not Dodge. Hope that helps.

Last edited by x2be1; 05-13-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Punctuations
Old 05-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, we will see how much they want vs Dodge dealer's price. Personally, if I could set it up the way wtfd6 explained it, that would be great. I don't care how it looks, as long as it works.

Quick Reply: Banjo Bolt search please!!!