1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

3rd gen seats in 1st gen fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd gen seats in 1st gen fit?

hey guys i have a 92 regular cab i was wondering if the new seat out of a 3rd gen truck will fit in my first gen. thanks

Old 04-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts

I'm sure if you have some tools and the know how you could make it work.

If you have time you should go introduce yourself in the Dieselbombers Initiation. this is a great site with alot of info and great people.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

they will most likely fit but you are probably going to have to make some mounts for them to set on, cause im sure the new seat bolt pattern is different from the old, i got a nice pair of Chevy trailblazer tan heated and power seats that match the interior of my truck and when i get home in june im gonna throw them in it.....

Old 04-28-2009, 06:45 AM
BOMBARDIER

Received 918 Likes on 537 Posts

Owning a 3rd gen and a 1st gen I would say dont waste your time on teh 3rd gen seats. Mine are falling apart. I'm kinda pissed about it. All the foam has givin up and you can feel the steel brackets. There was a 1st gen in diesel world a few months back wih teh seats out of a 90's model Chevy half ton, I also own a 98 Chevy and would LOVE to have those seats in my 1st gen. If your going to go through all the leg work of making brakets I woudl not go with teh 3rd gens.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dont know what the difference is between 2nd and 3rd gen seats is but i have 2nd gen seats in mine. i had to make a different frame for them to sit on but i think it was worth the time and effort doing it.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 AM

I put 3rd gen seats in my 92 reg cab, I copied the directions off another site and they work fairly well except for two things. First off don't get the seats out of a cheap truck. Mine are not comfortable at all, however I have a 3rd gen gasser with leather seat and they are alot better. Secondly, I took the plastic moulding off just below the window and that allows your seat to go back another inch which surprizingly makes quite a difference.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:27 AM
BOMBARDIER

Originally Posted by shortbox
I put 3rd gen seats in my 92 reg cab, I copied the directions off another site and they work fairly well except for two things. First off don't get the seats out of a cheap truck. Mine are not comfortable at all, however I have a 3rd gen gasser with leather seat and they are alot better. Secondly, I took the plastic moulding off just below the window and that allows your seat to go back another inch which surprizingly makes quite a difference.
I don't know what you consider a cheap truck but mine is far from base model and has the sport package, the seats suck. Never sat in the leather ones though.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

the seats in my 05 100% more comfortable than the seats in the 06. Like Bobby said they a breaking down and just never really formed to me HATE the 06 seats.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by RSWORDS
I don't know what you consider a cheap truck but mine is far from base model and has the sport package, the seats suck. Never sat in the leather ones though.
The seats I bought are from an 07 base model and the leather ones are in an 02. As I said the leather ones are better but still not as comfortable as they could be. Any suggestions about a seat that is comfortable and doesn"t take up alot of room would be appreciated.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:17 PM
BOMBARDIER

Person

Originally Posted by shortbox
The seats I bought are from an 07 base model and the leather ones are in an 02. As I said the leather ones are better but still not as comfortable as they could be. Any suggestions about a seat that is comfortable and doesn"t take up alot of room would be appreciated.
02 are second gen's... 100 times better then the 3rd gens (especially 06 up)

the 1st gen captins buckets that came in teh ext cabs are REAL somfortable!

Quick Reply: 3rd gen seats in 1st gen fit?