1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Edge Products, Dodge Ball Bearing Turbocharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge Products, Dodge Ball Bearing Turbocharger

Edge Products, Dodge Ball Bearing Turbocharger kit

Anyone on here have any knowledge about one of these? For the price it seem like a smokin deal. The tech service guy says that it will bolt on the my 89, but some exhaust/intake fab will be needed. It's looking like this or the H1 60mm upgrade. Right now I've got 279,000 on the orginal H1C, and have upgrade to a banks power pack waste gated turbine housing (14cm I think). The current set up works good, and I have no doubt the H1 60mm upgrade will only make it better. I'm thinking with that may miles I might want to go with the sale priced aftermarket, and have the brand new hardware. What can ya'll tell me?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

I am no Help to you I didn't even know Edge was making Turbos Even though says built by Turbonetics. So it's really a Turbonetics with a Edge polished compressor housing.

I will say that alot of people love the Turbonetics BB Turbos Alot of Tractor Pullers run them.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:43 AM
Diesel Fan

If its truly turbonetics you cant beat them. Pricey but awesome. I use them on gasoline drag cars exclusively no one else can hold a candle next to them in the gas world.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:31 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 504 Likes on 412 Posts

Doesn't tell much about the turbo but, for $649.00 seems like a deal.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:18 AM
BOMBARDIER

Received 918 Likes on 537 Posts

Justin, get us some specs...

Old 01-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Diesel Fan
Default Well it's all over but the cryin now

Here's the rest of the info I got

58mm compressor wheel (how much can 2 mm make vs. the 60)
14cm turbine housing, I forgot to get the turbine size

I can't use the waste gated housing Ive got but oh well I'll take the hit to have BB

The tech guy tells me that with the right pump mods, and injectors 40 psi is a good bet. I don't want much over 35 so I should be in good shape. Anyone got a 4 inch intake hose they want to part ways with? Once I get the thing bolted up I guess I'll find out if it was money well spent or not.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Diesel Fan

Guys, I bought one from the site listed above.. UPS dropped it off yesterday.. it might be a while before I get it installed.. I forgot that it didn't have a wastegate.. so I'll have to do some work to get in install... or install it.. and just take it easy.. (not worried about the turbo... )
I tried to measure the exhaust wheel without taking the housing off.. it looked like it was in the 69mm range...
but for that price... just the downpipe is in the 130-150 range... (yea.. it won't fit on a 1st genner..) and it as a bigger flang than an hx40..
I've been trying to read some other posts about this turbo.. only place I have found anything was the TDR.. and I'm no longer a member, so I couldn't get too much info...
I know turbonetics has a 2nd upgrade, but I don't think its on the same center section.. (the info says it comes with an adapter plate.) I was thinking of calling them, and asking about upgrades.. or more info about the turbo...
Its Bling Bling that's for sure...

Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

Only thing I know is that Edge has discontinued these

Old 02-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 504 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by lukesdiesel
Only thing I know is that Edge has discontinued these
Any idea why Luke

Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Diesel Fan

I know that mine was built 3/07.. and the box said 13 of 50.. So its been sitting for almost 2 years.. If I was going to guess it was mainly because of price.. its listed at $1800.. most advertise for 1300-1400.. price because of its size.. for that price you can buy a nice sized turbo... 62/64/66.. as compared to a 58... I'm sure the exhaust wheel is bigger than stock.. and it should flow better than a 35 or H1... but a ball bearing turbo for 650.. you won't find anything close.. (I see now they have it listed for 695 with free shipping.)
Bryan

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by SPEAKSUP
I am no Help to you I didn't even know Edge was making Turbos Even though says built by Turbonetics. So it's really a Turbonetics with a Edge polished compressor housing.

I will say that alot of people love the Turbonetics BB Turbos Alot of Tractor Pullers run them.

The down site could be that it was built to Edge's specs not Turbonetics... Actually it was built to Diesel Dynamic Specs.. (which I will take over Edge.. knowing who is.. was working for DD)
I would be interested to know what is different from the Edge's turbo vs Turbonetics T58 Stage 1...
Bryan

Last edited by JDGnut; 02-04-2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Edge Products, Dodge Ball Bearing Turbocharger