1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

92 D250 Front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 D250 Front brakes

So I had a caliper stick on me and destroyed my rotor/hub assembly. Got a new one from the local parts store and new bearings but the bearings are too small. The correct size bearings are too large. Info I'm getting is that my axle is a 4000LBS/4400LBS axle.
1992 D250 Ext cab long bed 5.9L Turbo Diesel.
Anyone have any clue part numbers that will fit the bearings and spindle but a new rotor? The parts guys all have no clue, which sometimes is typical.

Thanks!

-Mike

Old 05-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

All the D250 cummins trucks have the heavier 4000# front suspension.

The hub is a toughie I'm not aware of a source for new ones. Keep your eyes/ears open for guys scrapping these trucks after the cummins is removed. AFAIK, the dually version doesn't work - the bearing hub is huge, and the rotor just bolts to the very back of it.

Years ago I saw a forum post (can't find it now) suggesting an 80's F250 rotor could work with either a bearing or seal swap. Might be worth investigating....

Old 09-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got it.

Doing more research found that the hubby separated by removing all 8 studs. Then the rotor and hub are not easily separated. With an air hammer I was able to get them apart however it's a good idea to remove some of that rust before installing the new rotor on the hub to make sure an even fit. Found that the rear drums and hubs are set up the exact same. Makes a brake job for these trucks a day job.