1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

HP and Torque

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP and Torque

I have a 89 w350 "Frankenstein" if you will. It's a 89 body on a 79 power wagon 400 frame. I'm in the process of fixing the old girl up. I recently did some work to the motor and was curious to see what you guys think the truck should be making for power. The truck came stock non-intercooled so I added a 2nd gen intercooler with pusher 3" intercooler tubes and intake. I installed a bd diesel stainless exshausht manifold along with gds 60mm wheel for the h1c and a 14cm exshausht housing. Going to be installing a water meth injection kit. Pump is rebuilt turnt up pretty good( the previous owner turned it up would hit 25 psi of boost) Denny T pin and 366 gov spring. And timeing numbed a 1/8th. The truck has a stock 727 slopomatic that if I keep I'm gonna have built up with a gorend converter, valve body, shift kit and what ever else the tranny guy suggests. Since the trucks a project and isn't quite ready yet I haven't driven her with all the new parts. Before all the parts the tranny was definitely the weekness. I'm just curious what you guys think this setup should be making and what kind of egts should I exspect