1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

TRANSMISSION HELP>>!<<

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN TRANSMISSION HELP>>!<<

Heres some background...

lurked this forum for ages (contemplated Destroking)

Went out to PA, handled some family business, saw this beautiful 1st Gen dually. bought it, towed the relatives car home to California. Thought the freeze plug blew out (coolant pouring out) threw some quick steel on, in a walmart parking lot(19 degrees) -_- STILL POURED OUT.....200$ in headgasket and blockseal later... gave up, left the radiator cap partially open, continued on.... anywho, made it to california, with all 9000 lbs and truck perfectly!!! aside from having to stop and refill 50/50 coolant every 45 minutes. did the headgasket, fuel pin, governor spring, mighty diesel studs, gauges, blah blah blah....

now.... injetion pump drips, i dont care...

BUT THE TRANSMISSION NOISE IS KILLING ME... it was never heard the entire trip... started hearing it a week after the head gasket was done...

3-4-5 gears all make it, 5th being the worst... second is staring too, at higher rpms.

HERES THE NOISE \/

INFO-
1991 non intercooled
single cab long bed
4x4 dually
getrag360 (i think)
Denny T pin, 3200 spring, afc tune, mighty diesel studs, marine hg

Old 04-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you move the shifter, does it impact the noise at all? Could possible be something in the T-case as well(had a pretty bad rattle from the shift fork bushings being worn down).....turn up the radio. Good luck!