1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Passenger side window

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side window

So since the day I bought my d250 my pass side window power mirror all havnt worked I started looking into it a little today my power locks do work from drivers and pass side drivers mirror and window all work I know I'm not getting any power to anything but the lock all my fuses are good would any one by chance have a schematic

Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

Have you checked the switches to see if there getting power?

Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes nothing on the passenger window switch only thing getting power is the door lock switch

Old 06-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So this post was a little old, but I have a similar problem on mine. On a GOOD day, both switches run the passenger window. On a Not So Good Day, nothing works on the passenger window. I have yet to have the window fail me while in the down position, always when it is completely rolled up, but I have power to the switches, power to the motor, and the only real answer I have found is to loosen the bolts holding the motor to the door, then, magically, the window starts working again. I have lubed, cussed, checked, massaged, and rubbed everything I can on the window, and all I can say is that it appears that when the window gets to the fully upright position, the inner door "flexes" just a little bit and that causes it to bind. When it binds, I have to take the panel off, loosen the bolts, cuss a little, then it sorta magically starts working again. I am now trying to determine which bolt is the culprit, so three are tight, one is loose right now. I'm still testing this theory, but it takes about five minutes to get the panel off, and when you lose one of the door panel "hook things" that holds the panel on, NAPA sells them. It is worth a try, since you have the panel off checking power anyhow. But for sure, when you have it off, get some grease in the joints in the regulator mechanism. Good luck!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Okay, if I actually read your post, I'm trying to solve the wrong problem. Best I can offer is to trace those wires back to check continuity to the source, esp. through the door as they go back into the body.. As much as I've had that panel off, I can't remember the wires' colors in question. Check the main wires coming into the fuse box as well, I have seen those main power wires burn through and leave you SOL. You may find a short hiding near the radio/AC area, as radio installers seem to love to unhook both the vacuum lines and short out or unplug stuff back there. Good luck again!

Last edited by Cree; 06-04-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost