1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

ligts n' stuff

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ligts n' stuff

so on my 93 dually i want to put LED interior lights and do the same for the outside running lights and cab lights.......... i also want to put head lights with an LED halo.

will the fuseable links foil my plans? and what have you guys done for lights? post pics if possible.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Know this post is over a month old, but for starters, replace the fuseable links with fuse (in the stickies) just to make sure that you are getting all the juice you need. Then search for the relay thread ... might be on another forum, but there is is link to it around here somewhere. That will bypass the headlight switch and get you some more electricity to run brighter headlights and not burn up your switch (a weak link in our trucks). Seems like there has been some not-nice things said about LEDs when they work with regular incandescent lighting, but I cannot remember what it was. I think you are going for "the look" as opposed to anything else, and those headlights need a bit more juice than the stock system can give it. Nothing wrong with that, I just don't know some of the particulars to help you more. I would like to see how the headlights look ... square halos...

The following users liked this post:
dodgeramit10 (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

thank you for replying to my post........... no one else has! but anyway, i want the look and i want brighter lights. the dash lights suck and the headlights are worse!...... i am going with halos because they look cool and HIDs because they are bright. i have found several 7x6 lights that i can use to convert from sealed beam. i have read a lot on that and look forward to the installation. i want LEDs bad, i will have a full custom interior when i am finished and need them to complete the look. however i have no idea on how to approach them, because i have never worked with them before. im sure my dad can help a lot on this but i wanted more response from the diesel world. i know people have done this because i have seen the pictures! i just have to figure it out.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you switch to LED turn signals and taillights you will need to get a new turn signal flasher relay that work with LEDs. Otherwise your turn signals will flash erratically. same with Hazards but I didn't with mine just because i rarely use them. super bright leds have just about all you need in that aspect